Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
.375SM What's it worth?
Supermagfan
Pennsylvania

Range Officer
Members

Range Officers

Dans Club
Forum Posts: 3246
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
March 11, 2011 - 11:50 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have found the same thing that my .375SM likes rounds that are tough to extract.  They group the absolute best, just need a punch to extract themfrown

A man cannot have too many SuperMags

rwsem
SOWELA (Southwest Louisiana)

Supporter
Members

Moderators

Dans Club
Forum Posts: 5297
March 12, 2011 - 8:20 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory

The other thing I noticed about my particular specimen is four chambers are .376" and two are .377".  I'm betting the reason mine was shot so little was because the owner didn't know this and used .375 jacketed bullets.  I use cast for their obturation so they fill the chamber upon ignition.  When I get home, I'll have them all put at .377".

I only metion that because of the 'max load' comments.  What may be happening is that other revolvers may measure the same and the higher pressures assist obturation of jacketed bullets.  I'm using a minus pin gauge set for measuring.

Technically, the glass is always full; half liquid, half air....

stringcheese
waterford, MI
Members
Forum Posts: 13
March 12, 2011 - 11:09 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Someone is the new lucky owner of my 375.  Sold on gunbroker $1200.  Now I can fix my truck!  Gotta love our economy. 

Lets put expensive ethanol in our gas and drive up fuel price while goverment subsidies on corn to make the ethanol drive up food prices.

Charger Fan
Northern Utah

Supporter
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11078
March 12, 2011 - 11:38 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Congrats, I'm sure the dies & brass really added to the appeal of the high bidder.smile That's great...please tell the buyer about thedwf-sign so we can hopefully get to know this gun much better.occasion

stringcheese
waterford, MI
Members
March 12, 2011 - 11:55 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I will pass the word.  I can tell you though, that pistol shoots extremely accurately. 

I shot 3 position rifle through school and have quite a collection of trophys. 

My father was MI state champion pistol silouhette in the 80's (AAA class?).  I am lousy with a pistol. 

Pop is the only member to be qualified to shoot his pistol off-hand on the 200M range at the local shooting club.  Shooting his Dan Wesson .44mag of course.  8 out of 10 shots in a 10" bull to qualify, he hit 9.

It's a shame to let it go.  It really is a beautiful pistol.  

There are more pressing matters in my life right now than a beautiful pistol though, lol. 

peace-

Steve

Dans Club
Forum Posts: 10330
March 13, 2011 - 10:08 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory

stringcheese-off topic, but is there still an outdoor range at Bald Mountain (I think that should be pretty close to you)?

My first 15-2 and I put a LOT of lead downrange there in the late 70's. Reloaded all week and shot all day on saturday.

In fact, I bought that one at Dunhams in Pontiac, my first gun.

I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman "Were is the Self Help Section?" She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.

George Carlin

stringcheese
waterford, MI
Members
March 13, 2011 - 10:55 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Steve CT said:

stringcheese-off topic, but is there still an outdoor range at Bald Mountain (I think that should be pretty close to you)?

My first 15-2 and I put a LOT of lead downrange there in the late 70's. Reloaded all week and shot all day on saturday.

In fact, I bought that one at Dunhams in Pontiac, my first gun.

I have never shot at Bald Mountain, but I if I remember correctly, there is still a range there.  Pop shoots at WWCCA and is still a member there.  I shot at Oakland County Sportsmans club for a few years but had to let my membership lapse.  After that I shot Cowboy Action for a couple years.  I did well in the long range side matches;)  Have my RO and RO2 and helped in the state matches last few years.

Now I actually do most of my shooting in a gravel pit up-north.  I really like being able to shoot out past 600yds.  It really is a whole different game.

I dig going to the Dakotas and popping prarie doggies too!

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 658
Currently Online: BearLakeBlues, Ethan Monical
Guest(s) 39
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Steve: 10330
SHOOTIST357: 4788
Dave_Ks: 4300
Ole Dog: 3938
Stinger: 3387