Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
new dan wesson 715 available now
rsm
Members
Forum Posts: 16
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
March 25, 2014 - 2:08 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

harly said
This one wasn't Scorpio's, but this guy's guns are all frame-stamped accordingly.  He says he's gone through them all and they're perfect though.  rofl.  If anyone ever needs to sell one of these guns later on down the road...good look.  You can kiss your "investment" goodbye right from the start.  He's trying to make you believe that all the "blems" went back to CZ.

"These were listed as factory blems but we went through the big batch that we received and we only kept the perfect guns. We sent the ones with cosmetic marks back to the supplier that we got them through."

Yet I am sure he bought these guns at a steep discount while pricing them as if they weren't seconds.

Blacktop
OHIO
Members
Forum Posts: 3004
March 25, 2014 - 6:35 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

So....if there were 200 blems how many were made ? ? ?

And this would not be anytime soon but a Blem hence updown Y would probably

bring a premium down the future road...way future that is...Hmmmm

-Blacktop

+DW.jpg

F-111 John
Holt, MI
Members
Forum Posts: 16
March 25, 2014 - 7:14 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory

Moved topic from Revolver section. rwsem

Just an FYI:  The Kentucky Gun Company are selling brand new Blemished DW 715s.  Hurry while they're still available.

From the looks of the video, EWK Arms made the barrel shrouds and the barrel nut wrenches! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tw-uf1Vry1k

EWK_Stuff
Richmond, OH
Members
Forum Posts: 608
March 25, 2014 - 8:25 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Very interesting video, but as the owner of EWK Arms I can tell you I have nothing to do with the new 715 or CZ/Dan Wesson. Those are NOT my barrels/shrouds or wrenches.

EWK_Stuff
Richmond, OH
Members
Forum Posts: 608
March 25, 2014 - 8:37 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

After seeing the video (in one of the other threads here on the DWF) showing all the boxes marked "BLEM" and the guy showing the paper in the box that details the Blem, they (CZ-Dan Wesson, and the dealers) should have been upfront about this!

I think its a really bad idea selling these as less than perfect, for the supposedly minor scratches and pits, how hard would it be for the factory to rework them, especially considering they are a stainless gun!

Unfortunately no plans for EWK frames, as had been mentioned, dealing with the government is but one of the obstacles!

SCORPIO
PA

Supporter

Range Officer
Members

Moderators

DWF Supporters

Dans Club
Forum Posts: 4011
March 25, 2014 - 10:24 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

From a business standpoint, it is rather stupid and short sighted to release a load of blems BEFORE the release of a new model.  It will put a bad taste in the mouths of both new customers and the established base.  Its just poor marketing.  They should have rolled out the new model and after say six months or a year sold off the blems at a substantial discount.  There would have been a more receptive market that way. 

I emailed the seller and he told me 'not to panic' as they are beautiful.  He has my money and the gun is in transit as I write this so I'm probablly stuck with this thing.  If its not too bad, I'll turn it into a shooter and fire the hell out of it.  Can't hurt the resale much at this point.  I'll post  up some pics when the gun gets here.

Anything worth doing is worth doing well.

My father

If a man designed it, and a man built it, then a man can fix it.

My grandfather

hugelk
Northern Illinois
Members
Forum Posts: 392
April 7, 2014 - 12:00 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Scorpio,

Did you ever get the "New" Dan 715 blem ? How does it look ? dwas

Hugelk

SCORPIO
PA

Supporter

Range Officer
Members

Moderators

DWF Supporters

Dans Club
April 7, 2014 - 3:32 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I did get the gun, been super busy around here so haven't posted much lately.  The gun LOOKS perfect but it is stamped with the upside down Y.  There is no BLEM label on the box and no BLEM sheet with the gun.  I'm guessing the seller conviently 'lost' those.  I studied the gun and I can't find anything obvious that would stand out and say 'BLEM' but maybe I'm missing something.  I'm going to keep the gun and shoot it and see how it runs.  Maybe these will be like US mint error coins, maybe they will appreciate in value.   Maybe I'll win the lottery too. :)

My father

My grandfather

lonwolf93
Lancaster Pa
Members

Dans Club

DWF Supporters
Forum Posts: 1570
April 7, 2014 - 6:13 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Don't worry Scorpio I will give that new gun a good check over for yourange-time

"The lion and the tiger may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus"

Steve

Dans Club
Forum Posts: 10330
April 10, 2014 - 8:41 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

We know that I am the "non liker" (not to be confused with a "hater") of the new 715.

I handled one today in the LGS, and

1) Nice to see a DW Hogue grip

2) The finish was very consistent and well done. I think it differs from the original 715 finish by being more "brushed" making it a little brighter

3) Dry fire in DA and SA felt pretty nice, and just like an original 715

4) It strikes me as a little slimmer and less bulky than the original 715, maybe because of the  different profile of the top rib.

Bottom line is that with the 715 at $1059, I would probably buy the S&W 686 in the display case right next to this one for $749. I know this is a DWFsurprisedconfusedcry, but I don't really need interchangeable barrels, and the rear sight on the Smith is better.

AND $300 buys a lot of ammunition/reloading supplies, or a nice start on another gun.

Another part of the equation is that I already have 2 15-2's and 2 715's. For the guys that don't have an original, maybe a high priced repop makes sense

I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman "Were is the Self Help Section?" She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.

George Carlin

Wheelgunner
Pennsylvania
Members

Dans Club
Forum Posts: 26
December 7, 2014 - 2:47 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

The way these are being rolled out is baffling. Blemished pieces marking the reintroduction of a brand that hasn't been in the market for years? I'd like to have been privy to that discussion.

I saw one going for $899 which, in my opinion, is almost a fair price. At the $700 marker i'd be all over one but when there are so many nice 15-2's out there in next to new condition going for under $550 it doesn't make sense to spring nearly double that for one of these new guns.

They should try filling up an empty slot in that case with a barrel/shroud (4 inch?) and then ask $900.

Dave_Ks
Kansas

Range Officer
Members

Range Officers

Dans Club
Forum Posts: 4300
December 7, 2014 - 7:50 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Or why didn't they bring out the rare say in 327mag, or 22mag, I am sure a few of us would have jumped on them at new price!   

DSCN1339.jpg

Wheelgunner
Pennsylvania
Members

Dans Club
Forum Posts: 26
December 18, 2014 - 11:30 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Dave_Ks said
Or why didn't they bring out the rare say in 327mag, or 22mag, I am sure a few of us would have jumped on them at new price!   

The 22 mag and 327 mag have come such a long way in the last few years with ammo and bullet availability that they could sell quite a few to the varmit and plinking crowd.

jaggman
Emmaus, PA
Members

Dans Club
Forum Posts: 1358
December 22, 2014 - 7:55 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I got one, from a different source, a few months ago and I can't find the "blem" on it. Then my eyes aren't like they use to be. It shoots great, BTW. I'm keeping it for ............. ever. 

SCORPIO
PA

Supporter

Range Officer
Members

Moderators

DWF Supporters

Dans Club
December 22, 2014 - 9:53 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hey Jag, where you been man!?  

Just like mine, looks perfect, shoots great, bless me if I know why they 'blem'ed it.

My father

My grandfather

Steve

Dans Club
Forum Posts: 10330
December 22, 2014 - 10:53 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory

Wheelgunner said

Dave_Ks said

The 22 mag and 327 mag have come such a long way in the last few years with ammo and bullet availability that they could sell quite a few to the varmit and plinking crowd.

Sadly, MEGA CZ just does not realize the prize they own with the Dan Wesson revolver brand. There is so much upside and PROFITABLE business in the niche calibers, both small and large frame DW.

It just can't cost that much for CZ to sell .22 Mag, .327 Mag, .357 Max, .445 Supermag, .45 Long Colt, ... with minimal retooling. And shooters will pay $1000+ for those guns. Why try to keep selling a .357 Mag for $1000+, when guns of equal quality sell for $600-700?

If they really want to be in the .357 market, it's easy: Pistol Packs, scope mounts, decent pricing on B/A's, specialty B/A's, etc.

LB, EWK, and Eric Wesson are schooling CZ on the the DW revolver world, and they are not listening

I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman "Were is the Self Help Section?" She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.

George Carlin

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 658
Currently Online: 40Cal
Guest(s) 58
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Steve: 10330
SHOOTIST357: 4788
Dave_Ks: 4300
Ole Dog: 3911