Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
What 357 do I have?
anzafrank
Members
Forum Posts: 31
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
September 26, 2008 - 10:38 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi Folks,

Just joined, and have a newbe question on what 357 do I have. I've had it for several years, and never even fired it. Can't find the model no. Don't they have model no's.?

It was made in Monson # 298230. It came (used) with a 2" and a 6", and of course I need a 4". Any help would be great. I will try to ad a pic. Not good at this, and the old lady (younger and better looking than me) is out of town. Thanks,

Frank

Can't figure out how to post a pic from "my pictures". Duh!

460smdave
Members
Forum Posts: 140
September 27, 2008 - 1:50 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have trouble with the pictures also. No not many DW have the model number on them, Being a Monson Gun pretty big serial number it is either a model 14-2 or 15-2 the 14 has fixed rear sights and the 15 adjustable.

Dave

Bluechip
Members
Forum Posts: 2
September 27, 2008 - 8:38 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have a 15-2VH6.  Ser. no. is pretty close to yours.  #295713  I bought it new 7/81 for around $230.  (I just found the original receipt).  I will post pics soon when I get a decent one. 

anzafrank
Members
September 27, 2008 - 9:58 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

anzafrank said:

Hi Folks,

Just joined, and have a newbe question on what 357 do I have. I've had it for several years, and never even fired it. Can't find the model no. Don't they have model no's.?

It was made in Monson # 298230. It came (used) with a 2″ and a 6″, and of course I need a 4″. Any help would be great. I will try to ad a pic. Not good at this, and the old lady (younger and better looking than me) is out of town. Thanks,

Frank

Can't figure out how to post a pic from “my pictures”. Duh!

anzafrank
Members
September 27, 2008 - 10:01 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

anzafrank said:

anzafrank said:

Hi Folks,

It was made in Monson # 298230. It came (used) with a 2″ and a 6″, and of course I need a 4″. Any help would be great. I will try to ad a pic. Not good at this, and the old lady (younger and better looking than me) is out of town. Thanks,

Frank

Can't figure out how to post a pic from “my pictures”. Duh!

Should have said that the rear sights are adjustable. Thanks,

Frank

Steve

Dans Club
Forum Posts: 10330
September 27, 2008 - 7:19 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Frank- 4" barrel/shroud available from CZ (there is link on this forum). I don't know if you can post from "my pictures". I host mine on Photobucket, which has worked out well so far. I have noticed three different methods for posting hosted pictures on different forums, and I struggled a bit doing it here. Typically for me, I was making it more complicated than it really is.

Bluechip-Thanks for posting your ser#/purchase date. DWF Admin is building a serial number/manufacture date registry, since the data is not otherwise available.

Welcome to both of you new members

Steve

I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman "Were is the Self Help Section?" She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.

George Carlin

anzafrank
Members
September 28, 2008 - 10:12 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

sdrct said:

Frank- 4″ barrel/shroud available from CZ (there is link on this forum). I don't know if you can post from “my pictures”. I host mine on Photobucket, which has worked out well so far. I have noticed three different methods for posting hosted pictures on different forums, and I struggled a bit doing it here. Typically for me, I was making it more complicated than it really is.

Bluechip-Thanks for posting your ser#/purchase date. DWF Admin is building a serial number/manufacture date registry, since the data is not otherwise available.

Welcome to both of you new members

Steve

anzafrank
Members
September 28, 2008 - 11:49 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks for the info.  Not sure what cz is. Wish I could post photos from "my pictures". Of course it would help if I knew what I was doing on the computer.

Im pretty sure the gun I have is a 15 something as the rear sights are adjustable. Would like to find out how old it is though.

Nice sight with friendly folks. I'm glad It's here!

Frank

460smdave
Members
Forum Posts: 140
September 28, 2008 - 5:05 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

CZ Is the company who now owns Dan Wesson the brand, manufacturing and such, on thier website they sell some revolver parts if you do not see what you want email them they have been very good at makinng some parts or being able to find them in the shop. The prices are very good and much less then things useto sell for on Ebay.

https://shop.cz-usa.com/home.aspx?CategoryCode=27

Dave

anzafrank
Members
September 29, 2008 - 1:32 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

460smdave said:

CZ Is the company who now owns Dan Wesson the brand, manufacturing and such, on thier website they sell some revolver parts if you do not see what you want email them they have been very good at makinng some parts or being able to find them in the shop. The prices are very good and much less then things useto sell for on Ebay.

https://shop.cz-usa.com/home.aspx?CategoryCode=27

Dave

Thanks Dave,

I guess it pays to do a little reading before you show your ignorance. I did do a little reading on cz, but only after I posted that I didn't know what cz was. Ha! Duh!

Frank

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 658
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 37
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Steve: 10330
SHOOTIST357: 4788
Dave_Ks: 4300
Ole Dog: 3879