Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Trigger Not Returning on 732
Jody
Salem, Virginia
Admin
Forum Posts: 6205
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
August 23, 2008 - 9:54 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Guys,

I just picked up an almost new 732 yesterday.  This was an internet purchse but knew a head of time the trigger sometimes does not return.   When it doesn't return all you have to do is pull the hammer and drop it and it returns.

Any ideas on what would cause this?  I'm hoping a good cleaning once I remove the side plate will take care of this.  I have emailed DW about it but haven't gotten a response yet.

This is a very nice revolver.  It is of Norwich manufacture and an early one at that 43rd to be exact.  Has First Issue 43 etched on the frame.  I think this may be my favorate DW now.  Will post pictures soon.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Jody

wdelack
Blacksburg, VA.
Members
Forum Posts: 870
August 23, 2008 - 5:12 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Jody, this seems to be the most common issue with the small frame revolvers.  If you slowly work the action with the side plate removed, you will see where to focus your attantion.  My oldest model 15 did this when I first got it.  I resolved the problem by doing a little careful cleaning of the action work and then lubing the pivot and sliding parts.

Be careful of that elusive spring that shoots across the room when you remove the side plate Wink, 'cuse you know this is why the police never carried a Dan Wesson...

3PPCLined.jpg

Jody
Salem, Virginia
Admin
August 24, 2008 - 5:21 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I'll let you know how it goes.  This will be my first time getting inside of one!

Jody
Salem, Virginia
Admin
August 25, 2008 - 7:02 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Just took my 32 apart and cleaned everything, put some Hoppes 9 on a couple of pivot points.  Got it all put back together and can not recreate my issue.  There was some fuzz in there which can't figure out how that would happen.

So all is good now!

Robert Hoffman
Guests
August 26, 2008 - 9:22 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I had a 357 mag that had a gritty double action trigger and I found fuzz in the works, cleand and called previous owner; he cleaned the action with Q-tips!!  I had just bought the revolver, as it looked practically new and the owner was having a new baby and needed the money.  I had it for 9 years and foolishly sold it.  I have since replaced it and won't sell another.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 658
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 57
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Steve: 10330
SHOOTIST357: 4788
Dave_Ks: 4300
Ole Dog: 3911
Stinger: 3376