Avatar
Please consider registering
Guest
Search
Forum Scope


Match



Forum Options



Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Small service grips ok for 357 mag. recoil?
Avatar
caryg
Hutto texas
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 18
Member Since:
August 28, 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
1
January 9, 2013 - 1:48 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I just picked up a model 14-2 357 mag. with bigger target style grips, I was wondering if it would be worth it money wise to buy a set of the smaller size service grips for it? I mean the prices are a little steep and was wondering how recoil is with them? I have the 2 inch barrel, thanks.

Avatar
lonwolf93
Lancaster Pa
Member
Members


Dans Club


DWF Supporters
Forum Posts: 1580
Member Since:
April 20, 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2
January 9, 2013 - 2:46 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have a 14-2 with the 2 1/2" barrel also, with magnum loads it is quite brisk and the larger grip might be nicer. With .38 Special loads it is much milder to shoot, a smaller grip wont be bad. If you watch Gunbroker or Ebay you can pick up all sorts of used grips sometimes the prices arent too bad. Or you can check out LB Custom Grips' ad to the right of this screen, he can make any size grip you could want out of wood, although I think he has a waiting list right now.

-Lonwolf

 

"The lion and the tiger may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus"

Avatar
SHOOTIST357
Colorado Springs, CO

Supporter

Range Officer
Members


Range Officers
Forum Posts: 4786
Member Since:
May 2, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3
January 9, 2013 - 4:57 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I carry a 14-2 with custom LB grips (small).  I shoot full house 357 loads in it also...  No problems if you are used to shooting 357.

SHOOT

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 1222
Currently Online: JayPap
Guest(s) 115
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Steve: 10311
SHOOTIST357: 4786
Ole Dog: 4311
Dave_Ks: 4299
Stinger: 3707
Supermagfan: 3298
zoommb: 3159
IHMSA80x80: 3014
Blacktop: 3004
brucertx: 2307
Newest Members:
mtxjltrkrs ixrzedkgmo
xqtvxoteys mqpwdekwwg
leimvngkrs qoolxjfmsh
viwmlmjyts tzomyefwkv
vhemyzdwnm xngqyvzurr
yqptmdfjtn mvjhklimpz
eulxznedno fgqzzftgvl
ysyiqhrmoi wiofrljuzu
xokuoloydt wmqruysjfl
egidomrwmy ggivrzhiqi
Forum Stats:
Groups: 11
Forums: 42
Topics: 17184
Posts: 152138

 

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 87
Members: 13732
Moderators: 4
Admins: 1
Administrators: Jody
Moderators: lbruce, Charger Fan, rwsem, SCORPIO