Avatar
Please consider registering
Guest
Search
Forum Scope


Match



Forum Options



Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Sights on a 744
Avatar
Bear1
MI
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 11
Member Since:
May 22, 2011
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
1
May 29, 2011 - 10:06 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hello everyone. I finally got my DW out today, I had to turn the rear sight screw all the way in to get it zeroed. I'm just curious what my options are on sights. Are the fiber optic front sights lower then the standard ones? I'm new to the Dans ,I was just wondering what other people are using.

Thanks

Jerry

Avatar
rwsem
SOWELA (Southwest Louisiana)

Supporter
Members


Moderators


Dans Club
Forum Posts: 5418
Member Since:
February 22, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2
May 30, 2011 - 8:26 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

The distance at which you sight in at makes a difference as well as the ammunition and type of sight picture you use.  For me, a 6 o'clock hold at 50 yards, with most factory ammunition, seems like a good place to start. 

 

Best Regards,

Ron

Technically, the glass is always full; half liquid, half air....

Avatar
Steve
Member

Dans Club
Forum Posts: 10311
Member Since:
March 2, 2008
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3
May 30, 2011 - 3:43 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

There are were different height front sights made and supplied with DW's, you may possibly have one on there that was not original to your 744. My extra front sights are all mixed up by now (but so am I surprised). I had a terrible time sighting in a 722 until I changed the front sight.

DW/CZ has different height front Patridge sights available

I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman "Were is the Self Help Section?" She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.

George Carlin

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 1222
Currently Online: Ole Dog, austinshovel
Guest(s) 82
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Steve: 10311
SHOOTIST357: 4786
Ole Dog: 4311
Dave_Ks: 4299
Stinger: 3707
Supermagfan: 3298
zoommb: 3159
IHMSA80x80: 3014
Blacktop: 3004
brucertx: 2307
Newest Members:
fqrnuyosqv tqpmyegxvt
sjzzhfsoti puyniqtikn
hzloxkdvqs rgxtmfolgg
uzsrlggnsg wrdusgyqeu
qdndygiqoh unxnjhsqxz
vkvxnovpvy nwypruqpto
rhewvissxw xmztqipjrr
xquwgjpfuh dvlspdzsln
mtxjltrkrs ixrzedkgmo
xqtvxoteys mqpwdekwwg
Forum Stats:
Groups: 11
Forums: 42
Topics: 17184
Posts: 152138

 

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 87
Members: 13740
Moderators: 4
Admins: 1
Administrators: Jody
Moderators: lbruce, Charger Fan, rwsem, SCORPIO