Avatar
Please consider registering
Guest
Search
Forum Scope


Match



Forum Options



Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Model 15 357 barrels
Avatar
psuinsight
Bellefonte, PA
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 2
Member Since:
August 11, 2012
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
1
August 11, 2012 - 12:08 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Greeting!  I am a new owner of a DW Model 15 357 mag.  I have questions about barrels for this fine revolver.

What is the useful range for the different barrel lengths including 2.5 inch, 6 inch, and 8 inch?

How do the various barrel shrouds affect gun balance, such as the VH vs the light barrel that is tapered back to the cylinder lockup?

 

Does the VH long barrel shroud contribute to better accuracy?

Is there significant improvement in range with the 10 inch over the 8 inch barrel?

Thanks for any input!

 

I have a 2.5 and 6 inch barrel and I am looking to purchase an 8 inch as well.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 1222
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 109
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Steve: 10311
SHOOTIST357: 4786
Ole Dog: 4311
Dave_Ks: 4299
Stinger: 3707
Supermagfan: 3298
zoommb: 3159
IHMSA80x80: 3014
Blacktop: 3004
brucertx: 2307
Newest Members:
qdndygiqoh unxnjhsqxz
vkvxnovpvy nwypruqpto
rhewvissxw xmztqipjrr
xquwgjpfuh dvlspdzsln
mtxjltrkrs ixrzedkgmo
xqtvxoteys mqpwdekwwg
leimvngkrs qoolxjfmsh
viwmlmjyts tzomyefwkv
vhemyzdwnm xngqyvzurr
yqptmdfjtn mvjhklimpz
Forum Stats:
Groups: 11
Forums: 42
Topics: 17184
Posts: 152138

 

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 87
Members: 13736
Moderators: 4
Admins: 1
Administrators: Jody
Moderators: lbruce, Charger Fan, rwsem, SCORPIO