Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Looking for advice on a good .357 mag holster
Gh0zt36
Micco , Fl
Members
Forum Posts: 97
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
October 15, 2011 - 1:44 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I've been looking around on ebay not very impressed ... I currently carry my 15-2 VH4 in a biannachi holster and I dont know whether the position of the .357 is to top heavy but it likes to kinda fall over a bit when i walk and not only prints but pokes out of my t-shirt seeing as the dan is not a light firearm. Does anyone make a good conceal carry holster for the 15-2?  Im going to carry with EWK 2.5" barrel as soon as they're done so thats what I'd like to get a holster for. thanks in advance

proud-to-be-an-american

" Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch , Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote " - Ben Franklin

SHOOTIST357
Colorado Springs, CO

Supporter

Range Officer
Members

Range Officers
Forum Posts: 4788
October 15, 2011 - 9:35 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print
F-111 John
Holt, MI
Members
Forum Posts: 16
October 15, 2011 - 12:58 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory

Gh0zt36,

Are you sure it's the holster that's flopping over, not your belt?  I've learned that you really need a very good, thick, stiff belt to hold your revolver solidly.

I have heard many good things about the Simply Rugged Sourdough Pancake holster both on this forum and on others.

http://www.simplyrugged.com/sourdough-pancake/

Steve

Dans Club
Forum Posts: 10330
October 15, 2011 - 7:49 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

First of all, John is 100% right, the right belt is very important.

Also, are you looking for IWB or OWB?

Finally, the very heavy profile of the 2.5" EWK will almost certainly put you into a custom holster. It's going to be very tough to find a revolver holster for that big underlug.

Crazy suggestion: look at your local gun shop for a compact 1911 (Para Warthog?) holster that you can "remold" to your gun.

I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman "Were is the Self Help Section?" She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.

George Carlin

Gh0zt36
Micco , Fl
Members
Forum Posts: 97
October 15, 2011 - 8:11 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Steve CT said:

First of all, John is 100% right, the right belt is very important.

Also, are you looking for IWB or OWB?

Finally, the very heavy profile of the 2.5" EWK will almost certainly put you into a custom holster. It's going to be very tough to find a revolver holster for that big underlug.

Crazy suggestion: look at your local gun shop for a compact 1911 (Para Warthog?) holster that you can "remold" to your gun.

Whatever wont jam into my ribs when I drive !! 🙂   Yea , I agree I may have to customize some other kind of holster . maybe ill cut the bottom of my biannachi and rivet the perimeter corners. and ill def look into a stiffer belt.

" Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch , Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote " - Ben Franklin

Steve

Dans Club
Forum Posts: 10330
October 15, 2011 - 8:22 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

IWB (Inside Waist Band) is much more likely to dig in, and will be more concealable. OWB (Outside Waist Band) will carry much more easily, but is suitable only for Open Carry or covered by a jacket, untucked shirt, etc.

For a belt, look at DeSantis, Bianchi, etc. dress belt type. Very heavy, lined construction, good strong buckle.

I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman "Were is the Self Help Section?" She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.

George Carlin

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 658
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 45
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Steve: 10330
SHOOTIST357: 4788
Dave_Ks: 4300
Ole Dog: 3933