Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Jim Cirillo 357 Whats the Value?
rangerdanger
Members
Forum Posts: 4
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
December 28, 2010 - 7:57 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hey Guys

I am new to this forum but figured this would be the spot for Dan Wesson answers.

I am thinking of selling my very rare Jim Cerillo 357 pictured below. Before I do I would likle some input as to what it might be worth.  The cerial number is  JCL 000031. It has only had 12 shots fired through it. The gun is in like new condition. Any help on value would be greatly appretciated

Thanks

JCL 357Image Enlarger

jcl 357Image Enlarger

JCL 357Image Enlarger

Dave_Ks
Kansas

Range Officer
Members

Range Officers

Dans Club
Forum Posts: 4300
December 28, 2010 - 8:09 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

MOre than I can help with thought it was a smith at first!

DSCN1339.jpg

SHOOTIST357
Colorado Springs, CO

Supporter

Range Officer
Members

Range Officers
Forum Posts: 4788
December 28, 2010 - 8:14 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Interesting-- you have any paperwork to back up the Cerillo heritage?

SHOOT

rangerdanger
Members
December 28, 2010 - 8:20 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I can probibaly get some kind of documentation. I aquired this from my brother in law when he owned Dan Wesson. he is the current owner of Fusion fire arms. This gun is one of six built .

Steve

Dans Club
Forum Posts: 10330
December 28, 2010 - 8:48 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Is your brother in law Bob Serva? This looks like a Smith & Wesson with a DW barrel/shroud grafted on. In may be engraved Dan Wesson, but this does not strike me as being a true Dan Wesson, or even a close variant. S&W grip, cylinder release, frame???

I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman "Were is the Self Help Section?" She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.

George Carlin

Pinetor
Jackson MS, USA
Members
Forum Posts: 1569
December 28, 2010 - 9:07 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

cylinder latch is wrong for DW...cool looking piece. I would think value would be more on its heritage, than what make it is. 

Yea, get your Brother-in-law to stop by and say hi!

Soap Box, Ballot Box, Ammo Box

in that order.

4 Monson Model 15's

1 Palmer FB 15

1 Rossi 357 Model 92 (lever)

1 CZ 75B

rangerdanger
Members
December 28, 2010 - 9:11 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yes  Bob is my brother inlaw. It is my understanding he developed this frame when he owned Dan Wesson  and smith bought the rights to it.  I would have to ask Bob to be sure. I know he Produced these JCLs in various calibers and very limited production.

Steve

Dans Club
December 28, 2010 - 9:31 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

It's an interesting item, and Bob certainly did good things with Dan Wesson. It would be interesting to know more about this model as well as the Bob Serva era of Dan Wesson.

If you think he might be willing to talk with me about his portion of Dan Wesson history, I would really like to write an article for DWF, and the Dan Wesson Collectors Association website. Please PM me if you think this might be possible.

I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman "Were is the Self Help Section?" She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.

George Carlin

Charger Fan
Northern Utah

Supporter
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11037
December 28, 2010 - 11:36 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

That is pretty neat, for sure.Cool  I think there may have been one of these guns mentioned here previously, but I can't find the thread. I have no idea as to it's value...other than to say it's worth what someone is willing to pay for it.Wink Of course, the more info as to it's history that you can obtain, the higher the potential value will be.

I did some scrounging on Google & found this... 

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167055 

Image Enlarger

HPMike800
Phoenix, AZ
Members
Forum Posts: 88
December 29, 2010 - 1:16 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print
Jody
Salem, Virginia
Admin
Forum Posts: 6205
December 29, 2010 - 1:03 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Here is a link to a posting I made on DWF back in 2008.  Unfortunately I did not make note of what it sold for.

According to the link above the frames are S&W N Frames modified to accept Dan Wesson Barrel Assemblies.  We would love any more information Mr. Serva could provide us!

As far as value I would say $600-$700.  However if you list it on GunBroker it's anyones guess as to what it will bring.

Thanks for posting the pictures! 

Jody
Salem, Virginia
Admin
December 29, 2010 - 1:53 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Here is listing on GunBroker for the item we're discussing.

I have a mint condition Dan Wesson limited production Jim Cirillo # 6 of six made in 357 . These where made by Dan Wesson of NY as a prototype prior to owner ship by CZ. This gun has only had 12 shots fired through it and is in mint condition. serial # is JCL00031. Check out this site for more info. chttp://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167055

Starting Bid: $700.00
Buy Now: $3500.00 

Now we'll at least have some documentation on these should others come up for sale.

rangerdanger
Members
December 29, 2010 - 2:31 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

That is my listing . I spoke with My brother-inlaw this morning and he said I should expect between 3000 and 3500.  I understand one of these sold at auction a couple of weeks ago chambered in 445 for 4600. I guess we will see!

Steve

Dans Club
December 29, 2010 - 2:39 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I hope you do well, good luck with this one. It is certainly unique, and may catch the right person's eye.

George Carlin

Jody
Salem, Virginia
Admin
December 29, 2010 - 2:45 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks for the update!  Do you know if it was a GunBroker auction because I can't seem to find it.

It's a neat piece how you get your price for it!

Charger Fan
Northern Utah

Supporter
Members

Moderators
December 29, 2010 - 10:32 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory

Thanks for finding that thread Jody, I knew I had seen it somewhere.lol2 Embarassed

Dave_Ks
Kansas

Range Officer
Members

Range Officers

Dans Club
Forum Posts: 4300
Jody
Salem, Virginia
Admin
January 5, 2011 - 1:23 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Just wanted to update this post since the aution has ended for future reference... this go around there were no bidders and the item did not sell.

Ole Dog
ocala, fl

Supporter
Members

Dans Club
Forum Posts: 3903
August 9, 2017 - 9:12 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Doing a little research for Snake-eye on his Tactical 715 and I found this thread from the forum I have never read. I have one of the Jim Cirillo models. I bought it on Gunbroker a couple of years ago. I have full providence  from the previous owner who bought it on Gunbroker from Bob Serva. I have one of the 357 models. Serva was going to cut costs by using Smith frames and DW barrel assemblies. In exchange he licensed the front lockup and interchangable barrel patents to S&W. They used them in the 460 and 500. Instead of interchangable barrels,  they used the barrel and shroud to make them more accurate and stronger. The previous owner had 3 custom grips made that are DW style but fit the Smith grip frame. He also had it engraved by Ian Morrison. Extremely nice work. I think I paid around 1700. Considering the grips, engraving and rarity,  I feel I stole it. There were six of each caliber made. 22, 357, 44mag, 45acp and evidently 445. I don't know what the other one was. Mine is # JCL 0032. I assume there were 36 in total. I sure wish I could find a few other calibers. Speaking of rare, I am in yearly touch with a fellow that has a large frame in 30 caliber. Has anyone seen or heard of one of those? 

Charger Fan
Northern Utah

Supporter
Members

Moderators
August 12, 2017 - 6:16 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ole Dog said
Speaking of rare, I am in yearly touch with a fellow that has a large frame in 30 caliber. Has anyone seen or heard of one of those?   

I'm pretty sure I've heard mention of a 30 caliber DW, but I forget where. It may have been here, for all I know. I would love to see one!

Speaking of forgetting, I had forgotten all about these Cirillo guns in this thread.embarassed So thanks for bumping it back up, so I could re-educate myself all over again.big-grin

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 658
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 27
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Steve: 10330
SHOOTIST357: 4788
Dave_Ks: 4300
Ole Dog: 3903
Stinger: 3369