January 14, 2019
Hey fellow forumers,
I’ve been thinking about buying a DW 22LR and I had a couple of questions before I plunk down the cash.
- Do the DW 22’s have the barrel stretched between two fixed points accuracy advantage as the .357 ect or was that just marketing hype?
- Did DW ever make a blued 22LR with a 8″ or 10″ full bottom lug barrel?
- Has anyone ever seen a center fire conversion of a 22LR DW? I’ve got a Pre Model 17 S&W in Harvey 224 K-Chuk and I think it would be fun to have something like that in a 10″ DW.
Thanks for all the time/work you guys have devoted to making this a great source of DW knowledge.
June 8, 2009
1) yes. Same frame style etc as the 357. Different threads on barrels.
2) I don’t have a VH8 in .22, but I’m sure they made them. I bought my .22 with VH4 and much latter bought a NIB VH6 barrel assembly for it. I have a VH8 barrel assembly for the 357; the shroud fits on the 22 frame with a 22 barrel.
February 9, 2009
March 19, 2016
Yes Dan Wesson made 8”VH barrel/shrouds for 22LR revolvers. I purchased a Dan with the 8” VH barrel/shroud back in the 80’s. I practice with the 22LR revolver to save on cost. I also have an 8” VH model 15-2. Many people think the 8”VH barrel is over kill for a 22LR. Let me just say when plate shooting double action with my Dan I can drop plates as fast as a semi-auto. The reason, the gun does not move due to the barrel weight. I hunt with both guns also.
Most Users Ever Online: 90
Currently Online: Kansas Shooter
Currently Browsing this Page:
Ole Dog: 2476
Guest Posters: 87
Newest Members:ZEVON88, Tyler Al-Dijaili, PhoenixSteve, DresserDan, mblackm1, Brojon, JAYTEA78, liEmids, nautiray, WalterPsymn
Moderators: lbruce: 3540, Charger Fan: 10519, rwsem: 4542, SCORPIO: 3645
Administrators: Jody: 6178