Avatar
Please consider registering
Guest
Search
Forum Scope


Match



Forum Options



Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
DW SuperMag 357 Maxi Barrels?
Avatar
brad1000s
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 1
Member Since:
February 6, 2013
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
1
February 6, 2013 - 7:45 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hello folks,

I just picked up my first DW. It is a Model 40-V8S. It came with an extra barrel that I believe is a V8H. I was wondering if the barrels from a 357 mag would fit the frame. I would like a 4" barrel. Why? I dont know. Thanks for any help.

Avatar
wesipe
Utah
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 11
Member Since:
February 5, 2013
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2
February 6, 2013 - 7:55 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hey Brad,

 

I'm in the same boat as you.  Just look through the threads and you will find plenty of information on the barrels.  Everyone is very helpful on this forum.  

 

I asked the same question a couple of days ago.  Just look for my posts and you will you find the info you need.  

 

Wes

 

Avatar
Dave_Ks
Kansas

Range Officer
Members


Range Officers


Dans Club
Forum Posts: 4299
Member Since:
March 27, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3
February 6, 2013 - 7:57 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome and no the 357 mag barrels will not work at all!  4" is a dream, maybe special order or something.   Only 357 max barrels will work!  This question was asked a while back and a picture was shown for comparison!   Large frame (Max) small frame (357mag or model 15-2)

DSCN1339.jpg

Avatar
wesipe
Utah
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 11
Member Since:
February 5, 2013
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
4
February 6, 2013 - 8:04 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Look under "Newbie Question" post.  You'll find what you need there.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 1222
Currently Online: Elranchosguns, Wolf (Formally Axxxxx Wxxxx)
Guest(s) 172
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Steve: 10311
SHOOTIST357: 4786
Ole Dog: 4311
Dave_Ks: 4299
Stinger: 3707
Supermagfan: 3298
zoommb: 3159
IHMSA80x80: 3014
Blacktop: 3004
brucertx: 2307
Newest Members:
mtxjltrkrs ixrzedkgmo
xqtvxoteys mqpwdekwwg
leimvngkrs qoolxjfmsh
viwmlmjyts tzomyefwkv
vhemyzdwnm xngqyvzurr
yqptmdfjtn mvjhklimpz
eulxznedno fgqzzftgvl
ysyiqhrmoi wiofrljuzu
xokuoloydt wmqruysjfl
egidomrwmy ggivrzhiqi
Forum Stats:
Groups: 11
Forums: 42
Topics: 17184
Posts: 152138

 

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 87
Members: 13732
Moderators: 4
Admins: 1
Administrators: Jody
Moderators: lbruce, Charger Fan, rwsem, SCORPIO