Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
CZ Dan Wesson 715
Jody
Salem, Virginia
Admin
Forum Posts: 6205
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
December 19, 2010 - 7:26 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory

I think the important thing to keep in mind is that they are bring back revolvers.  While I don't agree with the caliber choice since 357 is by far the most common and easily obtainable at least a new one can be had.  I for one would rather purchase a new DW than say a new S&W with a hole in the side of it!

I currently keep a database of all GunBroker sells above $400 for Dan Wesson revolvers so only time will tell if this effects their value.

Since these are only going to be made in small numbers I don't see them sitting on the shelves... I hope not anyway if we want to see other calibers offered!

palo
Members
Forum Posts: 182
December 20, 2010 - 6:58 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

It is important that they are tooling up for revolvers. 

This limited run concept is fine I guess, but even though the only Dans I currently own are 15's and the .357 has earned it's due respect, it is somewhat of a ho-hum cartridge for those who are willing to spend over a grand for a revolver.

It would have got my juices going more if they did a limited run of say a 740 and listed it for $1,200, or even a 744.

Maybe the limited run concept is a way to save face if sales are flat and it will be lifted if not.

Dave_Ks
Kansas

Range Officer
Members

Range Officers

Dans Club
Forum Posts: 4300
December 20, 2010 - 7:06 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I will have to pass on the new ones unless some moneys fall from the sky! I guess I could save up and try to order one, just to many deals out here to pass up.  I too would be more likly to want one if large frames were offered!

DSCN1339.jpg

Star4Ever
Sunny Southern CT
Members
Forum Posts: 45
December 29, 2010 - 7:09 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well, I went to my local gunshop here in CT trying to understand if I could order the new CZ-DW 715.  Sadly, at this time, he does not have an orderable part number in his computer but will be contacting his jobber/distributors to see what can be done to place an early order.

jwk
Hillsboro Mo.
Members
Forum Posts: 144
December 31, 2010 - 3:48 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I read on Grant Cunningham's blog his theory is that CZ has some 715 frames leftover and just wants to get them out the door instead of scrapping them. Would it really be worth DW's time and expense to set up a new line to build revolvers for this reason? I can't see it, but I guess anything is possible. I hope it's not true!

Steve

Dans Club
Forum Posts: 10330
December 31, 2010 - 4:11 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

We just gotta wait and see what happens, but if finished parts are available, a skilled builder could make 3-4 of these a day, times half a dozen assemblers, times five days a week, times 12 weeks, and you've got a 1200 piece Limited Production run.

Wholsale those out to distributors at $750 each, it's over a million dollars for an item that needs no R&D, all the engineering is already done , and that all the parts are currently in production, and has a built in buyer base.

How long do you think it would take to sell out 1200 715's?

I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman "Were is the Self Help Section?" She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.

George Carlin

Jody
Salem, Virginia
Admin
December 31, 2010 - 5:07 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Here is a link to the article on Grant's site.  As Grant stated only time will tell whether new revolvers come to market.  My hope is that they do...

EWK_Stuff
Richmond, OH
Members
Forum Posts: 608
December 31, 2010 - 6:14 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Interesting, could very well be left over frames that they are using on the 715...

I think its interesting that they are going with a new shroud on these 715's...could it be cause they no longer have the tooling to make them the old way, and they don't have enough on hand to support making enough for either 500 or 1200 guns?

Eric

DakotaJack
SD
Members
Forum Posts: 1690
December 31, 2010 - 7:04 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I will clear this up at the SHOT show or before.  Frankly, I wouldn't get all excited based on the hearsay "an email came from someone who contacted CZ"  and IMHO Cunningham shows a severe lack of professionalism in publishing this article, drawing conclusions and theorizing based on hearsay as well.  I'd place my money on it being, in gentleman's terms, a "misunderstanding".

Star4Ever
Sunny Southern CT
Members
Forum Posts: 45
January 4, 2011 - 1:12 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory

Just got word from my dealer/gunsmith.  The new 715 is scheduled to begin  shipping in Q2 of 2011 (April to June) first appearance but mostly starting in Q3.  At this time the suggested retail price is somewhere around $1,170.00.   My order is in and downpayment made.

Hosspower
Western PA

Supporter
Members

DWF Supporters
Forum Posts: 265
January 4, 2011 - 1:20 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks for the update.  $1169 on the CZ website.  I wonder what dealer price will be?

http://cz-usa.com/products/view/dw715/

Support your local IHMSA range.

Hosspower
Western PA

Supporter
Members

DWF Supporters
January 4, 2011 - 3:05 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I just called Dan Wesson and ordered a VH4 barrel for my 744.  I asked about rear sight assembly availability.  She said they were out of stock and the place that made them has been out of business.  I mentioned that is saw the 715 was being reintroduced and asked about the sights on it.  She told me that even though the Dan Wesson name is going to be on the gun that it is something that CZ is doing and its not being made at the DW plant.

I don't recall reading this before in all of the other 715 discussion.  I didn't think to ask where it was being made when I was on the phone.  I was kind of in shock.  I thought this was going to be Dan Wesson born.

Does anyone know where these are being made?

Jody
Salem, Virginia
Admin
January 4, 2011 - 3:30 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I just emailed my contact at DW to see if I could get any information...  If these are not made in the USA then I'm certainly not interested.

Confused

Hosspower
Western PA

Supporter
Members

DWF Supporters
January 4, 2011 - 3:33 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Jody said:

I just emailed my contact at DW to see if I could get any information...  If these are not made in the USA then I'm certainly not interested.

Confused

That was my exact thought.

Pinetor
Jackson MS, USA
Members
Forum Posts: 1569
January 4, 2011 - 4:03 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I find the idea of them being made abroad and still costing to be very distressing.

Soap Box, Ballot Box, Ammo Box

in that order.

4 Monson Model 15's

1 Palmer FB 15

1 Rossi 357 Model 92 (lever)

1 CZ 75B

SHOOTIST357
Colorado Springs, CO

Supporter

Range Officer
Members

Range Officers
Forum Posts: 4788
January 4, 2011 - 6:31 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print
DrSparky
Aroostook County, ME
Members
Forum Posts: 315
January 4, 2011 - 6:39 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Was ready to order one, but I will wait to see if it is made in the USA.  Will not be interested in a non USA made Dan Wesson.

Blacktop
OHIO
Members
Forum Posts: 3004
EWK_Stuff
Richmond, OH
Members
Forum Posts: 608
January 4, 2011 - 9:17 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oh no, that would not be good if they are imported! I sure hope not!

Eric

Jody
Salem, Virginia
Admin
January 4, 2011 - 9:30 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I guess we need to try to remain calm until we know for sure where they are made.  Does anyone know if CZ manufactures any guns in the US besides the Dan Wesson line in Norwich.  I'm thinking the answer to this is no but I'm not 100% sure...

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 658
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 16
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Steve: 10330
SHOOTIST357: 4788
Dave_Ks: 4300
Ole Dog: 3959
Stinger: 3391