Avatar
Please consider registering
Guest
Search
Forum Scope


Match



Forum Options



Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Barrels for 357 maximum
Avatar
minmich
Member
Members


DWF Supporters
Forum Posts: 99
Member Since:
February 13, 2012
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
1
December 17, 2016 - 6:59 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

In my quest to figure out whether to buy a model 40 I've run into a few questions I can't figure out.  If you more knowledgeable shooters can help me I'd be obliged.  I now that the shrouds for th 357 super mag are different due to the cutout for the cylinder extractor rod.  But are the barrels the same (if I get an eextra ewk one when he's got them do I just get one of the ones for the .357?    And would the model 40 be longer than my .44 if the both have 8" barrels?  Wider?   And the important part for my pocket book- can I use a 357 die set?    Thanks!

Avatar
Dan Fan
Member
Members


Dans Club
Forum Posts: 1270
Member Since:
October 17, 2008
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2
December 17, 2016 - 7:44 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Model 40 .357 Super Mag barrels and shrouds are not compatible with the Model 15 .357 mag

Model 40 is a large frame , Model 15 is a small frame.

Hope that helps 

Avatar
minmich
Member
Members


DWF Supporters
Forum Posts: 99
Member Since:
February 13, 2012
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 1222
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 172
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Steve: 10311
SHOOTIST357: 4786
Ole Dog: 4310
Dave_Ks: 4299
Stinger: 3705
Supermagfan: 3298
zoommb: 3159
IHMSA80x80: 3014
Blacktop: 3004
brucertx: 2307
Newest Members:
vvqiwpnjgo enguwsuetx
oelxdiokhi wxjxpsszpt
stlwflvrzx ukzmtwmkek
pmivypdwhw xiizjtjnue
jkquxxojdl oqyffrfset
vlopfyzmvv uzugpndsqt
rvoudktupi mxxjsplzgo
Joseph Descheemaeker
setodqeotu hyvqpedryz
xkeimniypp vonjepgfmo
Forum Stats:
Groups: 11
Forums: 42
Topics: 17184
Posts: 152110

 

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 87
Members: 13694
Moderators: 4
Admins: 1
Administrators: Jody
Moderators: lbruce, Charger Fan, rwsem, SCORPIO