Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
732 Missed on GunsAmerica
Jody
Salem, Virginia
Admin
Forum Posts: 6205
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
May 5, 2008 - 10:19 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Here's some pictures of a nice model 732 that was on GunsAmerica.  It was added last Friday morning and by the time I called on it somone had already put a hold on it!  I called back Saturday and they did take it so missed out on this one.

The gun was listed at $599 with the extra barrel.

wdelack
Blacksburg, VA.
Members
Forum Posts: 870
May 7, 2008 - 3:54 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Here is an auction to watch:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=99247150

Any ideas about the serial number on this M715? (2nd picture down).

3PPCLined.jpg

lcdrdanr
Members
Forum Posts: 25
May 9, 2008 - 7:37 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

No ideas about that serial number, could be a commemorative or special run although I have never seen a two digit serial number on any firearm.

I would approach this gun with caution, however.

A seller with only one feedback.  A gun that has the wrong front sight for the rear sight.  Scratches on the cylinder lockup that look as if the cylinder froze once and had to be pried free.  Small grips for a heavy, stainless gun with a 4" barrel.  No barrel tool or BC gap guage.

And, he goes on and on about how the gun shoots to the right and high.  If the sight is adjustable why not just adjust the darn thing and save all the rhetoric?  If the sight can't be adjusted to hit the target at 15 yards, it needs another sight.  And, who has to be reminded that if you receive the gun, steal parts off of it and then return it, you might not get a full (95%) refund.  Well, duh !!!!  Who would return it after spending $70 or $80 on FFL/Shipping fees to get a 95% refund anyway?

He says he bought the barrel from CZ Dan Wesson, so where's the original barrel ? And, since it doesn't come with a barrel tool, how did he get it put on.  (I suspect he has another DW and is keeping the barrels and tools for another gun.  So, why get rid of this one if it's so great?).  And, he goes on and on like a factory brochure about the strength of the steel and how you can shoot the hottest loads out of it.  Okay, how does he know what kind of steel Dan Wesson used?  Is he a metallurgist who performed his own testing?

I wouldn't touch this one despite the intriguing serial number.  There is too much rhetoric about what you can do with a revolver and too little about the history and condition of this particular gun.

My 2 cents worth

Dan R

wdelack
Blacksburg, VA.
Members
Forum Posts: 870
Jody
Salem, Virginia
Admin
May 9, 2008 - 10:33 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I'm glad I picked up my 722 a couple of years ago for $275.  This was the gun that got me started collecting DW's.  I agree $680 seems a little high to me as well but you rarely see them.  Below is a picture (not a very good one) of my 722 and the two barrels and shrouds I picked up at the last show for $80 each.

jbbaldwin's 722

Jody
Salem, Virginia
Admin
May 9, 2008 - 10:38 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Here are some pictures of the 722 that was on GunBroker:

Waldo Pepper
Ozark Hills
Members
Forum Posts: 567
June 13, 2008 - 5:50 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

When I first looked at the pictures I thought for a moment that it had a lock like S&W revolvers. Embarassed

Sure would love to come across a NIB 722 in 22 MRF or even 22 LR for that matter.

Revolvers   

New Model M-715 Pistol Pack

1911's   

Bob Tail RZ 10mm - Bob Tail RZ 38 Super by Keith @ DW - DW 38 Super Guardian

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 658
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 31
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Steve: 10330