Avatar
Please consider registering
Guest
Search
Forum Scope


Match



Forum Options



Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
714 misfires
Avatar
Aussie Mike
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 44
Member Since:
January 9, 2019
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
1
February 6, 2020 - 3:58 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi, I have recently acquired a 714 and after taking to the range a couple of times with no issues seems to be misfiring every now and then, I am using some of my reloads with Fiocchi primers. Had a good look at the gun and the firing pin looks to be not protruding enough. I will try some different ammo over the next few trips but I thought someone may be able to advise me on adjusting the firing pin or if there is a known problem with Fiocchi primers. I am unfamiliar with DW revolvers and so are the folks at my club as they are not common down here in Australia. 

Thanks in Advance 

Mike

Avatar
Stinger
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 3705
Member Since:
February 16, 2016
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2
February 6, 2020 - 8:28 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Probably why the previous owner sold it. First step is a disassembly and a good clean, then reassemble with a new Wolf spring kit.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 1222
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 507
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Steve: 10311
SHOOTIST357: 4786
Ole Dog: 4310
Dave_Ks: 4299
Stinger: 3705
Supermagfan: 3298
zoommb: 3159
IHMSA80x80: 3014
Blacktop: 3004
brucertx: 2307
Newest Members:
Joseph Descheemaeker
setodqeotu hyvqpedryz
xkeimniypp vonjepgfmo
xmvlthsktu qiqjgpwgyw
jkdjnplnjf xnlyvhmrmq
tyudwtqwos hiuzirxris
zjslvjgwii iumplhovhs
tzrjkhjyxl ekkftkwqxq
MonsonMonster
david_1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 11
Forums: 42
Topics: 17184
Posts: 152109

 

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 87
Members: 13689
Moderators: 4
Admins: 1
Administrators: Jody
Moderators: lbruce, Charger Fan, rwsem, SCORPIO