Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Where to get 375 SuperMag Brass?
Jody
Salem, Virginia
Admin
Forum Posts: 6205
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
October 15, 2009 - 12:57 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Guys, 

I'm looking at a LNIB 375 SuperMag so I'm doing some research a head of time.  Does anyone make brass for this one or will I have to trim down 375 Winchester Brass?

I have one box of IHMSA brass but didn't really want to use it.

Supermagfan
Pennsylvania

Range Officer
Members

Range Officers

Dans Club
Forum Posts: 3243
October 15, 2009 - 1:03 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Jody,

Some friends will on certain occasions point you in the right direction for auctions with correct brass, Like say Shootist yesterday for example, but other than that what I have found is:

You can buy cut down loaded ammo from Bob Schell his link should be in the side bat under Obsolete pistol ammo.  His price is really fair, the brass fits and you get to shoot it once before having to load.  That is where I got my start with the .375.

I also tried some brass by Quality Cartridge.  they are on the web, I think out of Maryland.  their brass was built for them and is corrct stamped as well.  It works, and I have reloaded it.

Reeds offers it too, I do not know what brass he uses.

Other than those options you can start cutting .375 Winchesters.

Hope this helps.   

A man cannot have too many SuperMags

Jody
Salem, Virginia
Admin
Forum Posts: 6205
October 15, 2009 - 1:15 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks SMF!  Yeah I spotted that post from Shooter the other night before I went to bed but was reading it from my phone.  By the time I got back to it someone Wink had already done a buy now on them!

Tigger
Wester New York
Members

Range Officers
Forum Posts: 363
October 15, 2009 - 4:47 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I'm like you SMF I have one box of new Winchester brass and don't want to use it yet.

So 375 Winchester brass is what I have to work with. Got great deal on 200 pieces a few years back.

If 375 Win brass is hard to find you can also 30-30 brass. I got 50 pieces when I got the gun. It's a little thinner than 375 brass, so full power loads should be aproched with a keen eye.

Here is another thought; if enough of us would comitt to a large order Starline might make some 375 SM brass. They already make 375 Win brass just make it shorter and get a new bunter for the headstamp. I'm in for a few hundred anyway

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
~Thomas Jefferson~

SHOOTIST357
Colorado Springs, CO

Supporter

Range Officer
Members

Range Officers
Forum Posts: 4788
October 15, 2009 - 4:54 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Tigger said:

I'm like you SMF I have one box of new Winchester brass and don't want to use it yet.

So 375 Winchester brass is what I have to work with. Got great deal on 200 pieces a few years back.

If 375 Win brass is hard to find you can also 30-30 brass. I got 50 pieces when I got the gun. It's a little thinner than 375 brass, so full power loads should be aproched with a keen eye.

Here is another thought; if enough of us would comitt to a large order Starline might make some 375 SM brass. They already make 375 Win brass just make it shorter and get a new bunter for the headstamp. I'm in for a few hundred anyway

I was  thinking the same thing for 357 rem max.  See if they would be interested in a large run with DWF headstamps.

SHOOT

Charger Fan
Northern Utah

Supporter
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11041
October 15, 2009 - 7:19 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Supermagfan said:

Reeds offers it too, I do not know what brass he uses.

The stuff I've gotten from them has been loaded on .375 Winchester.

DWF headstamps on anything would be cool.Laugh

Supermagfan
Pennsylvania

Range Officer
Members

Range Officers

Dans Club
October 15, 2009 - 7:59 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I like the DWF Starline headstamp idea.  Does anyone know what the minimum is for Starline to run a batch of brass?

Tigger
Wester New York
Members

Range Officers
October 16, 2009 - 11:56 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I would guess 10,000 pieces.  We could handle that. But if it's 50,000 that might be a little harder to handle.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
~Thomas Jefferson~

SHOOTIST357
Colorado Springs, CO

Supporter

Range Officer
Members

Range Officers
October 16, 2009 - 12:04 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Maybe Just a DW stamp-- make it more marketable to the masses,  "DW SuperMag"

SHOOT

Supermagfan
Pennsylvania

Range Officer
Members

Range Officers

Dans Club
October 16, 2009 - 1:41 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

That would be fine as well.  To make it even more marketable, we may just have to stick with 375SM.  There are United Sporting Arms users that may not be DW shooters Jaw Dropping What's wrong with them?  Or their are also Contendor shooters with this caliber as well that may steer clear if they are not looking for DW brass.  Our goal would be to get correct brass in the long run. 

zoommb
People's Republic of Illinois

Range Officer
Members

Range Officers

Dans Club
Forum Posts: 3161
October 16, 2009 - 3:09 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I agree with Phil; stick with 357SM.  There are others who would like that brass and perhaps they could contribute to the cost of manufacture.

-Mike

D2X_0011_x_sm.jpg

GrayGhost
Arizona
Members
Forum Posts: 338
October 16, 2009 - 11:12 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory

I just contacted Starline last week looking for 445sm brass, and I was told that they normally carry inventory for the DW Super Mag revolvers.  However, like all other manufacturers of reloading components and live ammo, the have been unable to keep up with the endless demand.  In fact, I was told that Starline is currently behind in their brass production by a couple million cases and the soonest they would produce any 445sm brass was next March.  According to the representative, they will not be running any low-demand brass until the backorders are large enough to justify a production run.  Accordingly, we may all be waiting some time for brass without scouring the Internet.

I ended up contacting about a couple dozen places before I stumbled upon 400 pieces of Starline 445sm brass.  The name of the place is Buffalo Arms Company in Idaho.  Their contact information follows.  Who knows…maybe they have some 375sm brass lying around.

buffaloarms.com; 208-263-6953

GoodLuck

pops2
beavercreek,oregon
Members
Forum Posts: 811
October 20, 2009 - 1:09 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Range Timelooks like GB has some 375 SM brass for auction 48 pieces once fired #143144103GoodLuck

D00M
Homestead, FL
Members
Forum Posts: 49
October 23, 2009 - 10:37 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Gray Ghost, thank you for the heads up on the brass.  I just got my first DW a 445 SM  DWF Sign  and was not concerned about the brass....DA

After reading you post I went to Buffalo Arms and ordered a 150 cases.  Figured that should be enough to get me started.

Again Thanks for the 411 bro seems you saved me a bunch of time and trouble.

DooM

D00M
Homestead, FL
Members
Forum Posts: 49
October 23, 2009 - 10:39 pm

OK have to ask this,  Why the "Math" question to post?  Is it, that if your too dumb to know a simple math problem you should not be on a site with adults?

Geee sure hope you guys don't ask me any long divison questions……Confused

D00M

pops2
beavercreek,oregon
Members
Forum Posts: 811
October 23, 2009 - 10:43 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Range TimeI see there is still 48pcs of ihmsa once fired brass on gb #143934736 on it's second time around a little spendy at $40. to startGoodLuck

SHOOTIST357
Colorado Springs, CO

Supporter

Range Officer
Members

Range Officers
October 23, 2009 - 10:45 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

D00M said:

OK have to ask this,  Why the "Math" question to post?  Is it, that if your too dumb to know a simple math problem you should not be on a site with adults?

D00M

That will stop after you make a few more posts.  It is more of a security measure than anything--just making sure you aren't a spam computerLaugh.  Don't worry, most of us need to take our shoes off to do math...laughing

SHOOT

GrayGhost
Arizona
Members
Forum Posts: 338
October 23, 2009 - 11:41 pm

D00M said:

Gray Ghost, thank you for the heads up on the brass.  I just got my first DW a 445 SM  DWF Sign  and was not concerned about the brass….DA

After reading you post I went to Buffalo Arms and ordered a 150 cases.  Figured that should be enough to get me started.

Again Thanks for the 411 bro seems you saved me a bunch of time and trouble.

DooM

DooM,

I'm happy to hear that I was able to help.  New brass for the Super Mags is not easy to come by right now.

I haven't shot my 445sm yet…no loaded ammo.  However, I have all of the reloading components…I just have to find the time to work up some loads.  Smile

GG

Charger Fan
Northern Utah

Supporter
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11041
October 24, 2009 - 11:21 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

D00M said:

It only goes to long division if you don't post upCool Pics of the new toy!Laugh

Tigger
Wester New York
Members

Range Officers
October 24, 2009 - 3:11 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

DOOM, buddy, Hang on to that 445 the first time you touch it off!!!Range TimeBig Grin

poke

~Thomas Jefferson~

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 658
Currently Online: 605Dart
Guest(s) 23
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Steve: 10330
SHOOTIST357: 4788
Dave_Ks: 4300
Ole Dog: 3912