Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
360/7360?
SCORPIO
PA

Supporter

Range Officer
Members

Moderators

DWF Supporters

Dans Club
Forum Posts: 4011
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
March 5, 2017 - 12:59 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

In doing some research I have noted that all the 360's I see are of the 7360 variety.  I seem to remember reading that blue 360's were very uncommon but I can't seem to find the thread where I read that, even searching for it.  Anybody know any details on this?  I know it's a rare caliber either way, but late night boredom has the better of me.  

Anything worth doing is worth doing well.

My father

If a man designed it, and a man built it, then a man can fix it.

My grandfather

willy
Ohio

Supporter
Members

DWF Supporters
Forum Posts: 831
March 5, 2017 - 9:50 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory

The three I have are all blue. The one John Taffin sold me because the charity auction he had for a 7460 pistol pack wasn't a 7460 pistol pack. It was just the revolver with 7414 barrels in the case. I got in touch with him through Gary Reeder and John sold me the 7414 revolver to match case with the 7414 barrel assemblies and also sold me the 360 which you can see in his article in member section (he felt bad because it wasn't what the auction was suppose to be). All proceeds went to help drill wells for third world countries. Truly a great person, I feel lucky to have had conversations with him.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.danwessonforum.com%2Fwp-content%2Farticles%2F2002_jan_article2.pdf

I also have a 6 inch blue and an experimental blue one, that was used for testing the 360 round. 

I think the stainless ones are rare, but I don't know that. I know I've gotten lucky getting some real nice Dan's. Got them before someone else saw them on BIN buy-now, or out bidding others. Sorry for pissing some of you off whipping, just hard to stop the dwas

Willy aka Steelworker 1972, Dr David Banner

PS please refer to original question, and don't let me steal this thread. I'm curious if the blue ones are rarer than the stainless ones.

SCORPIO
PA

Supporter

Range Officer
Members

Moderators

DWF Supporters

Dans Club
March 5, 2017 - 12:00 pm

Thanks for the info Willy.   Every 360 I see seems to be stainless but the one I have is blue, the only blue one I've personally seen.  

No hard feelings here, we have all gotten lucky at one time or another with BIN and on open auctions, they are highest bidder wins and everyone has their chance.  Sometimes other needs influence how much one can pay for a particular item at a particular time.  

I depend on attending auctions for my business several times each week.  I routinely bid against friends, some days you get the bid other days you don't, but at the end of the day everybody is still friends.  Same sentiment applies to 'toy' auctions, at the end of the day everybody is still friends.

You have an awesome DW collection droolworship!  

My father

My grandfather

rwsem
SOWELA (Southwest Louisiana)

Supporter
Members

Moderators

Dans Club
Forum Posts: 5286
March 5, 2017 - 2:34 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

willy said 
Willy aka Steelworker 1972, Dr David Banner

And I've kept that quiet but now you've spilled the beans....

Technically, the glass is always full; half liquid, half air....

hugelk
Northern Illinois
Members
Forum Posts: 392
March 5, 2017 - 7:55 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Willy,

I was wondering what happened to Steelworker..I know DWAS cant go in remission for long

Supermagfan
Pennsylvania

Range Officer
Members

Range Officers

Dans Club
Forum Posts: 3239
March 6, 2017 - 2:21 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Scorpio,

In all of our PA DW shoots over the past several years, we have had the opportunity to see several 360's pass through our shooting hands at Lonwolf's cabin.  I do believe most of them were blue.  The one I had taken two years ago was the SRS-1 7360, the only stainless one I remember seeing.

SMF 

A man cannot have too many SuperMags

SCORPIO
PA

Supporter

Range Officer
Members

Moderators

DWF Supporters

Dans Club
March 6, 2017 - 2:35 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Supermagfan, I think you are correct.  The 360/7360 are rare regardless and your SRS-1 extremely so.  I was fortunate to get the one Ed turned loose.  

My father

My grandfather

Ole Dog
ocala, fl

Supporter
Members

Dans Club
Forum Posts: 3909
March 7, 2017 - 1:01 pm

I remember one blue BIN. I bid first I think at 3000 at my son's urging. I said it won't be there long. Should have pressed the bin but hindsight is 20/20. Happy for you and wouldn't want to make you mad. The madder you get the higher you bid. Or something like that. Wish I had all my number one Marvel's. My mother would tear them up when she found them. I finally convinced her they were a great American art form. Even greater are steel firearms. 

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 658
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 24
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Steve: 10330
SHOOTIST357: 4788
Dave_Ks: 4300
Ole Dog: 3909
Stinger: 3371