Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
714 First Range Trip
Aussie Mike
Members
Forum Posts: 47
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
January 27, 2020 - 4:40 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory

Dan-Wesson-model-14-1.PNGImage Enlarger

I purchased a 714 a month or so back and finally received the “paperwork” from the Police Dep enabling me to take possesion, The gun is in near new condition with a very nice bore and no marks on the frame at all so it looks like it has almost no use so I was very pleased when I first sighted the firearm. I took it to the range yesterday and put some .357 reloaded target rounds through it as well as some very stout reloads and some factory .357’s as well. The gun performed flawlessley with every type of ammo we threw at it,  the fixed rear sights will take some getting used to and maybe a lick of orange nail polish on the front sight may help as well. For the first outing I managed to hit 10 yard targets very effectively and drop some metal plates at 25yrds, it will take some more practice to become more consistent but a great start. I was very surpised (along with some range mates) that felt recoil was so low with the factory wood grip it seems to be alot less than my 6" 686. My speedloaders don’t work with the DW, I’ll borrow some form some of my shooting mates and we are bound to find a model that works other wise I’ll make one that fits. All in all I am delighted with my 714 it is a quality revolver and I now know why Dan Wesson owners are so enthusiastic about the firearms we own. 

rwsem
SOWELA (Southwest Louisiana)

Supporter
Members

Moderators

Dans Club
Forum Posts: 5290
January 27, 2020 - 4:57 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Good report- glad you've been able to breath fire into an old DW

Technically, the glass is always full; half liquid, half air....

Catfish44467
Members
Forum Posts: 6
January 30, 2020 - 7:59 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I  use a HKS -10 speedloader. It is a USA made product. I originally got it for a S&W mod. 10, it worked on the DW 15-2 saving me buying extra gear. Money still spent ( ammo ). Speaking of which. what is the cost is shooting in Aus?

Ps HKS website now lists a 10a instead of just a 10. I hate when manufacturers improve a product.

jertex
Fort Worth, TX
Members
Forum Posts: 255
February 6, 2020 - 3:30 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Great to hear the very positive range report. Congrats on your new DW. They are my favorite guns to shoot!

Jerry
6 Dans and counting...

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 658
Currently Online: bikeridertim, Ole Dog, 605Dart, thegunguy
Guest(s) 72
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Steve: 10330
SHOOTIST357: 4788
Dave_Ks: 4300