Remingtom 700 PCR Review Other Brands The Dan Wesson Forum Forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Remingtom 700 PCR Review
October 4, 2018
10:13 pm
garryj
Forum Posts: 34
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Last week I bought a Remington 700 PCR (precision chassis rifle) which is Remington’s late entry (February 2018) into the affordable precision rifle market. I was going to get the Savage Ashbury, but the Remington was about $100 less, which meant I could use the savings to reload more ammo. The included test target was a very respectable .53” at 100 yards with 168gr match ammo. This was from their C.A.T.S. (Computer Aided Targeting System), not an actual holes-in-paper target. I won’t go into details about this system, but if you are interested, go to Remington’s website and look it up.

My first thought when I took it out of the box was, “Man, this thing is heavy.” According to the specs on the rifle, it weighs a hefty 10.5 lbs empty and even more now that I’ve added a scope, bipod, and muzzle brake. After fondling it for a while, I realized that the weak links on this gun were going to be the trigger and the magazine. The trigger pull out of the box measured 4.5lbs, but I was able to adjust it (using the instructions in the manual) to a satisfactory 2.8lbs. The magazine turned out to be a non-issue, much to my relief. Feeding wasn’t super slick, but it did its job.

From Remington:

Remington Model 700 PCR Features

Remington Chassis
24” barrel with 5R rifling
Threaded muzzle with protector
Tactical bolt knob, for swift, positive cycling
X-Mark Pro externally adjustable trigger
Aluminum handguard with SquareDrop
Picatinny rail
5-round Magpul detachable magazine
Adjustable Magpul PRS Gen 3 stock
Magpul pistol grip
3-shot sub-MOA assurance

Remington Model 700 PCR Specs

Mag. Capacity: 5
Barrel Length: 24″
Twist (Right Hand): 8 (10 for .308 Win)
Overall Length: 44″
Length of Pull: 13.25-15.25″
Drop (Comb): .25 – 1″
Drop (Heel):*.25 – 1.75″
Barrel Material: Carbon Steel
Barrel Finish: Matte Blue
Stock Material: Polymer
Stock Finish: Matte Black
Average Weight: 10.5 lbs
MSRP: $1,199

Big Green is offering 3 calibers: .308 Winchester (which is what I got); 6.5 Creedmoor; and 260 Remington. Note that the 3-shot sub-MOA is NOT a guarantee, but an assurance – big difference. Also, the going price for these on the web is $900 to $1099.

Range report to follow.

GarryPCRR.JPGImage Enlarger

PCRL.JPGImage Enlarger
PCRMB.JPGImage Enlarger
PCRHG.JPGImage Enlarger
PCRSM.JPGImage Enlarger
PCRSPG.JPGImage Enlarger

October 5, 2018
8:29 am
Stinger
Forum Posts: 2166

garryj said
“Man, this thing is heavy.” According to the specs on the rifle, it weighs a hefty 10.5 lbs empty.

Wow, that is hefty for a bare bolt rifle .. even 24″.

October 5, 2018
7:31 pm
Blacktop
OHIO
Forum Posts: 3004

Optics and muzzle brake probably weighs 2-3 lbs…..

+DW.jpg

October 6, 2018
11:10 am
garryj

Unfortunately, the promised range report is going to be very late. I went to the range on Friday and just as I was getting my scope dialed in, the scope malfunctioned and I do not have a backup. The good news is that the scope has a lifetime warranty so, even though I’ve had it for six years and have no receipt, the company that makes it is going to either repair or replace it. I may try a scope off of one of my other guns, but the weather doesn’t look like it’s going to cooperate on the days I can get to the range.

Garry

October 13, 2018
12:20 am
garryj

Hurricane Michael and a bout of the flu will delay RR even more. Hopefully some time in the coming week.

Garry

October 16, 2018
1:24 pm
garryj

Range report posted under Range Day.

Garry

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 72

Currently Online: Ronald_55
52 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Steve: 10330

SHOOTIST357: 4788

Dave_Ks: 4277

zoommb: 3157

Supermagfan: 3113

Blacktop: 3004

IHMSA80x80: 2691

Ole Dog: 2308

brucertx: 2306

Stinger: 2166

Newest Members:

uncle sam

Richard Rabay

Bob_5

james vogel

yote187rs

Kguy

JDMiller

stoneycreek1

mikekurth

Len

Forum Stats:

Groups: 11

Forums: 42

Topics: 14311

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 87

Members: 6704

Moderators: 4

Admins: 1

Site Supporters: 1972ctdc, ar-tex, arcnsparc, Artur, atomar, b4delta, BBinger, bikeridertim, BRM, bunny, bwjones0011, CaptDanDD, Caruso4510, DA....64, Dariusz Gut, dbodom, Dettom, Dr.Seuss, DWpistolpackin, ese927, freerider04, Garfield411N, Garymckenzie, GetAGrip, HankB, Headsmaster, hesslism, hester57, Hosspower, JamesF Swidryk, JASJR, john Goldsmith, John Greenley, johnbrandolino, JohnD, JustinPolley, larry260, LG, lonwolf93, Lracmcd, md8232, minmich, Mtn_Eagle, ParaNormal, pete, ray, Rimfire, Roberto, SCORPIO, Starman90, StevenTrate, StillKickin, stovepipe, Sweeney, sweet trigger, Venturerider

Range Officers: brucertx, Dave_Ks, SHOOTIST357, Supermagfan, Tigger, zoommb

Dan’s Club: Boeing, brucertx, bunny, Dan Fan, Dave_Ks, DWpistolpackin, ese927, Garfield411N, Gman1956, jaggman, lbruce, lonwolf93, Lracmcd, Maria Perkins, mhannon, Michael Berner, Ole Dog, ParaNormal, Rex Beachmont, Rimfire, riverinerat, RonaldSemerena, rwsem, SCORPIO, snake-eye, Steve, Supermagfan, tikit2ryde, Wheelgunner, willy, zoommb

Administrators: Jody

Moderators: lbruce, Charger Fan, rwsem, SCORPIO