Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
OH OH, BOHICA, H.R.4269 - Assault Weapons Ban of 2015
Maxwell 'Arlen' Silver

Supporter
Members
Forum Posts: 489
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
December 28, 2015 - 12:53 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory

H.R.4269 - Assault Weapons Ban of 2015

Read on....

While Americans anxiously prepared for their Christmas festivities, anti gun proponents in Congress were hard at work drafting a new bill. If passed H.R. 4269 would literally redefine the Second Amendment as evidenced by the bill’s description, which in no uncertain terms clarifies its ultimate goal:

“To regulate assault weapons, to ensure that the right to keep and bear arms is not unlimited, and for other purposes.”

The bill directly targets every semi-automatic firearm in the United States including handguns, shotguns and rifles. It specifically mentions certain firearms and manufacturers, including the popular AR-15 and AK-47 rifles.

Because the law is Federal it would blanket the country with new restrictions, including making it illegal to own any magazine that exceeds a capacity of ten (10) rounds. 

And here’s the kicker, even if your weapon has a legally-defined low capacity detachable magazine but is modified with any of the following accessories, it is considered an “assault rifle” and would be outright banned in the United States.

The above ripped from here...http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-12-28/new-gun-control-bill-hits-congress-ensure-right-keep-and-bear-arms-not-unlimited

Endeavor to persevere,
Press on regardless.
Need little, want less, love more.

Maxwell 'Arlen' Silver

Supporter
Members
Forum Posts: 489
December 28, 2015 - 1:34 pm

Reading through, it appears to have a Grandfather Clause.

If you like your Semi Auto you can keep your Semi Auto.

Whether you can resell it or pass it on is a different story.

Not an outright confiscation... that comes later. :dunno:

Endeavor to persevere,
Press on regardless.
Need little, want less, love more.

Steve

Dans Club
Forum Posts: 10330
December 28, 2015 - 10:10 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Much of this has occurred in Connecticut already. My (registered) AR may stay in my possession, along with the ("declared") magazines that hold more than 10 rounds. In addition, the magazines for my S&W Model 59 9 mm, all of which exceed 10 rounds, are "declared". I cannot sell or otherwise transfer any of these items in the State Connecticut (except to an LEO or Corrections Officer?). In addition, to buy ammunition you must have a Carry Permit, or an "Ammunition Permit". My Browning Buckmark has a threaded Tactical Solutions barrel, rather that register it as an Assault Weapon, I had a protective cover pinned on the barrel shroud.

Beware, coming soon to a dictatorship near you!

I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman "Were is the Self Help Section?" She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.

George Carlin

rwsem
SOWELA (Southwest Louisiana)

Supporter
Members

Moderators

Dans Club
Forum Posts: 5288
December 29, 2015 - 6:16 am

123 co-sponsors, 45 from CA and NY...all (D), no (R)- and introduced to the House.  I'm writing, what about you?

As a voting constituent, I urge you to stand against H.R. 4269, which is co-sponsored by LA-2 Rep. Richmond (since a LA Rep is a co-sponsor, check yours HERE).  It's title as introduced is, "To regulate assault weapons, to ensure that the right to keep and bear arms is not unlimited, and for other purposes." and that is ridiculous.

Technically, the glass is always full; half liquid, half air....

Ole Dog
ocala, fl

Supporter
Members

Dans Club
Forum Posts: 3911
December 29, 2015 - 8:21 am

It is very important to know that the title of a bill means the EXACT OPPOSITE of what it says. This is ALWAYS the case. In this case, it is to insure the right to keep and bear arms IS limited. And eventually denied. Obama is about to use an executive order( emperial  edict)  to close the so called gun show loophole.  It is not about gun shows or is a loophole. It is to prevent private transfers of guns and have total registration. A prerequisite to gun confiscation. 

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 658
Currently Online: František Vejvoda
Guest(s) 26
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Steve: 10330
SHOOTIST357: 4788
Dave_Ks: 4300
Ole Dog: 3911
Stinger: 3377