Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Federal Threats / Action Items 5/6/09
Jody
Salem, Virginia
Admin
Forum Posts: 6205
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
May 7, 2009 - 8:14 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory

The message below is from the VCDL.  Since the issue below are on the national level I wanted to pass them on to you.  The contact information below is for Virginia Senators so you will need to find the contact information for your Senators.

There are currently four anti-gun items at the national level that are 
on our radar scope.

Here they are in order of importance, starting with the most severe 
threat:

* An international treaty that could override our laws, and possibly even the constitutional protections, for the right to keep and bear arms.  Reloading could become illegal, registration would be implemented, even attaching a sling to a rifle without a government license to do so would be a criminal act!  The President is pushing this treaty because of Mexico's inability to control its own criminals

* S843, a “gun show loophole” bill put in by anti-gun New Jersey Senator Frank Lautenberg and cosponsored by a host of anti-gunners in Congress.  Because the public continues to be confused by the lies of the anti-gunners, this bill is a real threat.

* An assault weapon ban - something that anti-gun US Attorney General Eric Holder wants and something that the President said he would push for if elected.  Currently the Congress and President show no interest in pushing such an item.  However, anti-gun Senator Diane Feinstein has said she is just biding her time until the “time is right.”  The anti-gun media is pushing the issue pretty hard.  For now there is nothing to do on this item.

* HR45, a bill that is a wish list of anti-gun fantasies - licensing, registration, and much more.  This bill is so extreme that we don't see it going anywhere, but we will continue to keep an eye on it.  For now there is nothing to do on this item.

—-

This week we will target the international treaty.  Next week we will go after S843.

Here is video coverage of the treaty by Lou Dobbs with CNN:

http://tinyurl.com/dk2o4o

ACTION ITEM

Because the international treaty needs to be ratified by the Senate, we need to contact our Senators and tell them that we don't want any such treaty ratified.

1)  Send a web mail to Senator Mark Warner by clicking here (suggested message is below).  Select a subject of Second Amendment Rights:

http://warner.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?p=Contact

2)  Send a web mail to Senator Jim Webb by clicking here (suggested message is below).  Select a subject of “Civil Liberty”:

http://webb.senate.gov/contact/

Suggested message for both Senators:

I strongly urge you to OPPOSE the Inter-American Convention Against Illicit Manufacturing of and Trafficking in Firearms, Ammunition, Explosives, and Other Related Materials.

The Treaty would allow our precious gun rights to be destroyed by allowing bureaucrats to do an end-run on Congress and create of web of restrictions on firearms that America has never seen before.

Americans should never be penalized for another country's inability to control its borders and its criminals.

Please let me know what you are going to do.

Dusty Trail
Round Rock, Texas
Members
Forum Posts: 1044
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
May 7, 2009 - 9:35 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks Jody.

I urge everyone to write their Senators also.

This is real and it is another step in giving away the Sovereignty of the United States.  Unfortunately when we speak against these far left proposals and policies, we tend to sound like "right wing nuts" because the proposals are SO extreme -BUT- after you see Lou Dobbs report and realize what was originally proposed by Clinton,and has been resurrected by Obama - you find it REALLY IS:

1. Eroding our sovereignty (anti american in my opinion)
  2. Specifically targeting gun rights in the U.S. / a back door attack on the second amendment
  3. An end run (back door) around the debate / check and balance system of congress

I know this sounds like "right wing extremism", but I find many actions of the current administration to be, IMHO, Anti American - it's not PC, but it is my view:

• This treaty
  • Releasing the EIT used on POW's & not releasing the benefits of it's use.
  • The immediate announcement to close GITMO with no plan and the very idea of "trying" captured enemy combatants in U.S. courts of law.
  • Etc., etc.

Here is what I sent to both my Senators.  Feel free to use it:

Dear Senator Cornyn,

The CICAD treaty (INTER-AMERICAN CONVENTION AGAINST THE ILLICIT MANUFACTURING OF AND TRAFFICKING IN FIREARMS, AMMUNITION, EXPLOSIVES, AND OTHER RELATED MATERIALS) was a terrible idea when it was originally proposed by President Clinton.

Any treaty that makes the U.S. subservient to another country is wholly unacceptable and it amazes me that any citizen would ever propose such a thing.  It significantly erodes our national sovereignty and cannot be allowed ratification.

Please speak strongly and persuasively against this latest wave of anti-american back door tactics being used by the Obama administration and the weak politicians of yesterday and today.

My thanks and regards,

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 658
Currently Online: 605Dart
Guest(s) 37
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Steve: 10330
SHOOTIST357: 4788
Dave_Ks: 4300
Ole Dog: 3914