March 2, 2008
Maybe it's time to talk about how DWF works. Please note that this a locked (no response/no posting) topic, and no part of this overrides or amends the Site Usage Policy
1) DWF is presented for our Members to share common interests and discussion regarding Dan Wesson firearms, shooting sports, recreation, social commentary, and other similar and appropriate subjects.
2) As a condition of approved enrollment, all Members are required to comply with all provisions of the Site Usage Policy, which each Member reviewed and agreed with upon enrollment. THE MOST COMMON ISSUE ENCOUNTERED IS OPEN POSTING OF EMAIL ADDRESS AND THE INCLUSION OF EMAIL ADDRESS IN SCREEN NAME. THIS ACTIVITY WILL RESULT IN APPROPRIATE EDITING BY THE STAFF.
3) There are no fees to join or be a Member. Members may elect to support DWF as Site Supporters or Dan's Club Members, and will have access to additional Forums, information and historical data. We may periodically host fundraising opportunities to support DWF or other approved activities. No fundraising/funding activities may be presented without prior Admin approval.
4) DWF is actively managed by Administrators, Moderators, and Range Officers. Our Staffers have contributed almost half of the posts on DWF, and span a wide range of shooting/sporting/social interests. They are prepared to assist in accessing any resource available here. Members are urged to reach out to Staff Members for advice in navigating and participating on DWF, and are expected to comply with direction received from Staff Members.
5) The DWF Staff maintains active communication on Forum activities, issues, and concerns in our Staff Forum, via email and PM, cell and text. We will answer/resolve Forum questions and concerns as quickly as possible.
I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman "Were is the Self Help Section?" She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.