Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
How to buy a gun on Gun Broker direct from the seller. It does work sometimes~Some sellers will work with you direct~Example I got a Dan Wesson Gold Commemorative yesterday no tax and $200 discount!
Stmstan 445
Phoenix, Arizona

DWF Supporters
Forum Posts: 568
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online
August 23, 2023 - 8:18 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have done this a few times now and it does work if the conditions are right. For example I was watching a gold Dan Wesson commemorative this last week and the starting bid was $1999 After 4 days no bids yet. I did some detective work (The sellers name is not always clear but you can figure it out by looking at the city and state there in and look up gun stores in that city with a google search) Or other times it's clear. In this case, it said "Grovegunshop1" so I looked it up on the old web and got a phone number. I called them and found that yes this was the shop with the gun listed on gunbroker. I called them direct and asked if I could buy the gun direct from them " I always say "I hate paying tax on gunbroker" and since they had no bids yet would they take $1800 for the gun. At this point they said not yet but I always say "can I leave my name and number in case you change your mind" and I did. Well it worked I got a call the next day and they said they would accept my offer. Also if you're not in the same state as the seller most will not add tax! so I got the gun I wanted at a $200 discount and no tax! It does work out sometimes I have also done it with fixed prices. Give it a shot the worst they can say is "NO" Now I have the gun I wanted and no tax and sometimes a discount too! The seller also has a good reason to do this they don't have to pay fees if there are no bids or they end the listing early! Here is a pic of the gun I bought yesterday for $1800 plus $50 shipping no tax! Give it a try sometime the worst they can say is "NO"IMG_2750-2.JPGImage Enlarger

IMG_2752-2.JPGImage Enlarger

DA....64
Wisconsin

Supporter
Members

DWF Supporters
Forum Posts: 1511
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
August 23, 2023 - 8:24 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print
Ole Dog
ocala, fl

Supporter
Members

Dans Club
Forum Posts: 3912
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
August 23, 2023 - 5:18 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I don't like to reward sellers for not starting at a penny and having a REAL auction. You think you are getting a deal but it is still usually more than the gun is worth. 

Stmstan 445
Phoenix, Arizona

DWF Supporters
Forum Posts: 568
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online
August 24, 2023 - 1:55 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory

Wait what? With all due respect you bought the exact same gun (gold Dan Wesson commemorative) 2 months ago at auction for $1950 which means it was close to $2200 with tax (also the glass was broken in the case). Also you did buy a 40 that was not a auction but listed buy now for $900 so I guess if the price is low enough it's OK! I got the same gun for $1850 shipped no tax so in this case it worked very well! This model depends on the buyer knowing what a good price is so unless you know the trends of a gun and what a good price is I would not do it. The whole point of this is get a good gun at a good price and then not pay any sales tax!!!!! I hate paying sales tax on gunbroker! Also I do not trust all these penny auctions I believe there is a lot of seller manipulation by big sellers. You have to wonder if in a penny auction they do not like the way the auction is going are they having their fellow gun dealers bid up auctions. To me it does not matter if it's an auction, or a fixed price. If you know the gun and the history of the pricing, you will know if it's a good deal and then with this model you can possibly make a deal off the gunbroker site and save yourself hundreds of dollars in sales tax on a used gun! Just trying to show members there are alternatives. 

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 658
Currently Online: cowboybart, Stmstan 445
Guest(s) 38
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Steve: 10330
SHOOTIST357: 4788
Dave_Ks: 4300
Ole Dog: 3912
Stinger: 3377