Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
picked up another DW .357
steve g
Central Massachusetts
Members
Forum Posts: 48
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
February 19, 2020 - 9:39 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

phone-pics-240.jpgImage Enlarger

picked this one up from my girlfriends dad , not as nice as the 6inch one i got from him , but this one will now be my shooter so that i can keep the other in great condition . planning on heading out Sunday to fire this one . 

steve g
Central Massachusetts
Members
3ric
NC
Members
Forum Posts: 566
February 19, 2020 - 11:55 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Looks like a Model 14-2 to me, and seemingly in very nice condition. You can shoot the heck out of this thing and still keep it in great condition forever!

nowicanhitabarn
Ct.
Members
Forum Posts: 106
March 3, 2020 - 9:36 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print
3ric
NC
Members
March 4, 2020 - 12:04 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Model 14 is the fixed sight version of a Model 15

Model 14-2 is the fixed sight version of a Model 15-2

steve g
Central Massachusetts
Members
March 5, 2020 - 7:58 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

have taken this out a couple of times now and i am very pleased with the purchase ...... im not that old but my eyes are getting worse and worse , i painted the front sight ramp so that i can pick it up easier . good buy for $300 !!

jertex
Fort Worth, TX
Members
Forum Posts: 255
March 11, 2020 - 9:47 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Jerry
6 Dans and counting...

3ric
NC
Members
April 20, 2020 - 7:43 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sweet revolver all right. I know what you mean about old eyes not seeing so well. I've painted the front sight on ALL of my revolvers. Acrylic hobby paint from Walmart in bright orange works best for me. I've also cut a white outline for the rear sight from address labels. Very sharp tiny scissors are needed to do a neat job of it (I borrow my wife's craft scissors when she's not looking). Then just stick it on and it's good for a long time if you're careful not to douse it with cleaning fluid during cleaning. If it wears out, just make another one!

DA....64
Wisconsin

Supporter
Members

DWF Supporters
Forum Posts: 1510
Ole Dog
ocala, fl

Supporter
Members

Dans Club
Forum Posts: 3911
April 21, 2020 - 7:58 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Very nice. Good price. When I started shooting the front sight was blurry with my bifocals using either the distance lense or the reading lens. I was 62 then and 70 now. I bought a model 12 because of the big sights. Didn't help. Then I got trifocals with the middle lense called computer distance. OMG. What a difference that made. I will never be a competitive shooter because of my eyes and starting late but I can put 5 out of 6 rounds within a fist size group at 15 yards on a good day. At 5 yards that is deadly. Lol. 

hemiram
Members
Forum Posts: 84
May 2, 2020 - 7:59 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I just gave up on the bifocals/trifocals after trying them twice. I can see the front sight well enough to shoot...eh, ok. Not like I used to for sure. Driving is where they really drove me nuts. I told my eyedoctor how much trouble I had with them and he said, "They aren't for everyone, some people just can't seem to tolerate them at all!", and that was that, no more bifocals for me. When I mentioned to a friend that I had given up on them, he was shocked and said everytime he complained to his eye doctor, he just kept saying, "you'll get used to them eventually!". My eye doctor got a new patient, and my friend now carries a reading pair and a pair he wears the rest of the time, and is much happier. I have a pair of "Computer Glasses" that I can't even stand to wear for using the computer! So they are now a spare pair of single vision cheap glasses without all the add on stuff (anti glare, transistions, etc) my regular glasses have.

IHMSA80x80
Members
Forum Posts: 3014
May 2, 2020 - 2:21 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Good score on a nice Dan Wesson!

When I am shooting iron sights on any handgun, I use my Merit Optical Attachment. It gives me a much clearer focus on the sights and the target. I always use this in silhouette competition and practice events and whenever I shoot my handguns at longer than normal plinking distances.

The Savantist

3ric
NC
Members
May 2, 2020 - 11:48 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

At 65 years of age and a lifetime astigmatism sufferer I wear progressive lenses for everyday wear. They are OK for everything except reading music and handgun shooting. Computer glasses work really well for the intended purpose and make excellent shooting glasses as well, for me at least. In handgun shooting the target is always a fuzzy blur anyhow as we focus on our sights. If I happen to forget my computer glasses on a shooting outing my neck will really start to hurt from having to hold my head back to be able to focus on the sights.

rwsem
SOWELA (Southwest Louisiana)

Supporter
Members

Moderators

Dans Club
Forum Posts: 5289
May 3, 2020 - 4:27 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

3ric said
 If I happen to forget my computer glasses on a shooting outing my neck will really start to hurt from having to hold my head back to be able to focus on the sights.

I found SSP eyewear a few years ago- really makes a difference having the bifocal on top to keep your head in the correct position.

Technically, the glass is always full; half liquid, half air....

3ric
NC
Members
May 3, 2020 - 11:49 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

These would be great if I didn't have prescription glasses. They don't seem to be made to be worn over top of one's regular glasses. I appreciate the helpful hint though. 

rwsem
SOWELA (Southwest Louisiana)

Supporter
Members

Moderators

Dans Club
Forum Posts: 5289
May 4, 2020 - 5:41 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

3ric said
These would be great if I didn't have prescription glasses. They don't seem to be made to be worn over top of one's regular glasses. I appreciate the helpful hint though. 

Check out the Methow kit and the adapter for 'scrips.  Scroll through their products- they can also refer you to an optometrist who can flip the bifocal to the top. 

Technically, the glass is always full; half liquid, half air....

3ric
NC
Members
May 4, 2020 - 5:52 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I appreciate the information, but it's probably more than I want to get into. After a trip or two to the range without my correct glasses I learned to be very diligent about making sure I pack them in my range bag!

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 658
Currently Online: Stmstan 445, tlawler
Guest(s) 27
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Steve: 10330
SHOOTIST357: 4788
Dave_Ks: 4300
Ole Dog: 3911
Stinger: 3377