Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
new CZ 4" model 15-2 357 barrel arrived today
stonebuster
Members
Forum Posts: 257
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
September 23, 2019 - 4:07 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I got the new CZ barrel today. They shipped it out a day after I put my order in which was great and I think it looks very good. Slightly lighter than the black IMG_0349_LI-2.jpgImage Enlarger

IMG_0344-1.JPGImage Enlarger
IMG_0365.JPGImage Enlarger
frame but very close. I'm glad I decided to clean the shroud and barrel before installing it as they both needed it. Heads up to any other DW newbies to clean them up inside and out including the threads. There was a red residue inside and out of the barrel and shroud which I'm guessing is some kind of corrosion preventative although looks like rust. The finish is excellent, high polished and with no imperfections. I'm pleased with my purchase.

Andrew1220
Members
Forum Posts: 716
September 23, 2019 - 4:38 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Nice! I've only bought their stainless assemblies and they were very well made. They always came drenched/soaked in a rust preventative oil. Nothing gun scrubber can't take care of! Blast it right off followed by Hornady gun cleaner dry lube.

jertex
Fort Worth, TX
Members
Forum Posts: 246
September 24, 2019 - 11:20 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Nice. I've purchased two CZ-USA Dan Wesson barrels and I'm very happy with both. The ones I got do seem to match the original bluing on my Dan's extremely well. I suspect there's bound to be some variation, but I don't know much about bluing.

Jerry
6 Dans and counting...

Andrew1220
Members
Forum Posts: 716
September 25, 2019 - 4:22 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

There's definitely going to be a variation if I had to guess. I think it depends if you order directly through Shawn at DW or if you buy from the CZ/DW store in Kansas??

I mention this because 3 barrel assemblies (stainless 2.5" 357 mag, 2.5" 44 mag, and 10" 44 mag) I bought directly from DW had the same engravings/shroud profile but with this most recent 8" stainless 357 barrel assembly I bought from the CZ/DW store, the engravings and profile of the shroud were different.

Bob at DW told me that the 8" shroud was for the new model 715's and had a beveled top strap and that the shroud was laser engraved PRIOR to polishing while the other assemblies I had were the older style with the squared off top strap and had laser engravings AFTER polishing. Along with completely different fonts.

I was surprised that it varied this much but I honestly didn't care as I'm a shooter not a collector.

stonebuster
Members
Forum Posts: 257
September 26, 2019 - 10:29 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory

I ordered online from CZ USA/DW parts. I'm very happy with the barrel assembly. In my picture the shroud looks lighter than it does in person. Even the original 6"barrel shroud below looks lighter and it matches perfectly. In person, the difference isn't as noticeable and doesn't bother me in the least. I see scratched up original barrels for sale for much more $$ than my new one. Now, I'll consider my options to swap out the black ramp FS for one better for 69 yr old eyes.

jertex
Fort Worth, TX
Members
Forum Posts: 246
September 26, 2019 - 7:06 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

stonebuster said
I ordered online from CZ USA/DW parts. I'm very happy with the barrel assembly. In my picture the shroud looks lighter than it does in person. Even the original 6"barrel shroud below looks lighter and it matches perfectly. In person, the difference isn't as noticeable and doesn't bother me in the least. I see scratched up original barrels for sale for much more $$ than my new one. Now, I'll consider my options to swap out the black ramp FS for one better for 69 yr old eyes.  

I think it's awesome, SB.

Jerry
6 Dans and counting...

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 658
Currently Online: Dan Fan, Scout728, B4
Guest(s) 33
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Steve: 10330
SHOOTIST357: 4788