Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Lil Dan Wesson 738+P Is here! Made this custom box. Is it true no other barrels were made and none will fit? Also are there any blue ones out there?
Stmstan 445
Phoenix, Arizona

DWF Supporters
Forum Posts: 569
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
September 26, 2023 - 12:58 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory

Got my lil Dan Wesson in looks nice! so small it's a cute little guy. Made this custom box for it. Is it true no other barrels were ever made for it? Also the manual shows a blue one but I have never seen a blue lil dan are they out there? thanks! Now where to put it on the wall! also never seen this insert before! IMG_3540.JPGImage Enlarger

IMG_3534.JPGImage Enlarger
IMG_3460.JPGImage Enlarger
IMG_3459.JPGImage Enlarger
IMG_3458.JPGImage Enlarger
IMG_3457.JPGImage Enlarger
IMG_3455.JPGImage Enlarger
IMG_3508.JPGImage Enlarger
IMG_3496.JPGImage Enlarger
IMG_3498.JPGImage Enlarger
IMG_3538.JPGImage Enlarger
IMG_3542.JPGImage Enlarger
IMG_3543.JPGImage Enlarger
IMG_3545.JPGImage Enlarger

Stmstan 445
Phoenix, Arizona

DWF Supporters
September 26, 2023 - 8:30 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I sent Eric Wesson a message and he wrote me back. He bought a Dan Wesson case from me several months ago and I send him messages once in a while and he is very nice. Here are last couple of messages I sent him and his reply. I asked him if I could show them here. You can read his reply about the lil Dans not blue ones were made and they were planning on making a 4 inch barrel but no interest in them so they never made them. also interesting the serial number started at 1501 These may be hard to read!IMG_3552.JPGImage Enlarger

IMG_3553.JPGImage Enlarger
IMG_3554.JPGImage Enlarger

Stinger
Members
Forum Posts: 3377
September 27, 2023 - 8:01 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

It would be better, if you copied the email text and then paste it into a post on this thread.

snake-eye
Fort Myers, Florida
Members

Dans Club
Forum Posts: 1922
Stmstan 445
Phoenix, Arizona

DWF Supporters
September 28, 2023 - 2:26 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I'm trying to figure out how to re-post the email by copying it. I forgot to tell everyone the last question I asked him was about the lil Dan but the content before that I had asked him about the relationship with High Standard and Mitchell arms I was also asking him about fixed barrels. the thing that struck me was first how they did not like the guy who did the interchangeable barrels (Karl lewis) at all and also how he felt about CZ and how he does not like them at all and felt they just bought the company for the name to sell 911's. He says they turned down CZ's offer but then later they had to sell the company to Bob Sevia and again was not happy about CZ getting the use of the Dan Wesson name. I feel the same way about Dan Wesson 911's a do not see them as real Dan Wessons but just a CZ 911 with Dan Wesson's name on it. I know that may upset some of the Dan 911's guys but Dan Wesson never developed a semi auto gun and was a wheel gun guy all they way.  

605Dart
SW PA

DWF Supporters
Forum Posts: 981
September 28, 2023 - 4:45 pm

If it wasn't for the switch to 1911's it would be a dead company. I came about DW the reverse way, I am a 1911 guy and my Guardian was my first gun. I found out afterwards that they were a revo company first then started making 1911'srofl. Their 1911's are some of the finest production guns one can buy!

Ole Dog
ocala, fl

Supporter
Members

Dans Club
Forum Posts: 3914
September 28, 2023 - 5:05 pm

The 1911s made by Bob Serva were not CZ 1911s. They were a very special 1911 IMHO. The revolvers from Serva were among the best made by Dan Wesson, the company. When CZ bought them they made only 715s and they had problems with some of them. Serva was very innovative. It is a shame he didn't keep the company. 

Stmstan 445
Phoenix, Arizona

DWF Supporters
September 28, 2023 - 6:25 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I'm just saying how the Wesson family felt about them. Read everything Eric says in the message his words, not mine. It's very true Bob made some of the best Dan Wessons ever. The first Issues are beautiful. I'm sure he also made some great 911's. This is just a message from Eric and his feelings about how everything went down 30 years ago. Make sure you read the complete message (sorry it's a bit hard to read but you can read it) and remember this is his words not mine. I just thought members would enjoy a look into the mind of Eric & the Wesson family 30 years ago when they ran and lost the company and how they feel even today about it. 

605Dart
SW PA

DWF Supporters
September 28, 2023 - 8:00 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

In light of your emails, I wonder if Bob had some inside info, in that CZ was already interested in DW. Maybe he bought, implemented the 1911 and when a certain clause in the contract of purchase expired he then executed the sale to CZ???? Sort of a proxy?

Stmstan 445
Phoenix, Arizona

DWF Supporters
September 28, 2023 - 8:13 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I guess we would have to ask Bob. I do not know if he is still alive. It's possible he had inside info on the CZ interest. I guess I could ask Eric nicely if this was possible. I don't even know how Bob was involved before he bought it. As Eric says at that point they had lost control of the company and had no say in the sale to Bob. I don't like to send a lot of messages to him asking questions (like a crazy fan) to tell you the truth I was quite surprised he blurted out all the info he did! I did talk to him in another thread about a book they may have in the works. That would be great! I have the other thread it's on ebay messages I will go back and look at it. 

605Dart
SW PA

DWF Supporters
September 28, 2023 - 8:17 pm

Yep Bob is still kicking! He owns Fusion Firearms in Florida.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 658
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 27
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Steve: 10330
SHOOTIST357: 4788
Dave_Ks: 4300
Ole Dog: 3914
Stinger: 3377