Avatar
Please consider registering
Guest
Search
Forum Scope


Match



Forum Options



Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
357SM Old Gun New Pics
Avatar
Supermagfan
Pennsylvania

Range Officer
Members


Range Officers


Dans Club
Forum Posts: 3298
Member Since:
February 9, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
1
April 16, 2010 - 1:12 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I added a blued laser coated barrel to my 357SM this winter and took last night to re-photo the gun with the new hardware. 

 

 

 

SMF

A man cannot have too many SuperMags

Avatar
SHOOTIST357
Colorado Springs, CO

Supporter

Range Officer
Members


Range Officers
Forum Posts: 4786
Member Since:
May 2, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2
April 16, 2010 - 5:44 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Cool--I like the two tone look...  Nothing better than a DW except a custom DW Wink

SHOOT

Avatar
photohause
Sebastian, FL
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 2253
Member Since:
February 20, 2008
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3
April 16, 2010 - 5:59 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

 If you're going to drink, don't drive. Don't even putt. 

Avatar
Charger Fan
Northern Utah

Supporter
Members


Moderators
Forum Posts: 11274
Member Since:
January 24, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
4
April 16, 2010 - 6:42 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I like it!Laugh

Done by a laser, huh? Sorta like the whole thing is laser etched?  I guess bluing wouldn't last too long on a stainless barrel.

Avatar
zoommb
People's Republic of Illinois

Range Officer
Members


Range Officers


Dans Club
Forum Posts: 3159
Member Since:
February 28, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
5
April 16, 2010 - 8:45 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

It's a process called Laser coloring.  The "blue" part of that particular LC barrel is just the base color chosen for the LC process.  It still has the red, green and gold highlights but the base color is 'blue" and I believe is done on a stainless barrel; at least mine look that way. The highlights are very hard to see and even harder to photograph.

Looks great Phil.

-Mike

 

D2X_0011_x_sm.jpg

Avatar
Charger Fan
Northern Utah

Supporter
Members


Moderators
Forum Posts: 11274
Member Since:
January 24, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
6
April 17, 2010 - 8:17 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I like the sound of that. I may have to have one done myself one of these days.Smile

Avatar
zoommb
People's Republic of Illinois

Range Officer
Members


Range Officers


Dans Club
Forum Posts: 3159
Member Since:
February 28, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
7
April 17, 2010 - 10:53 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

CF:

If you need a "blue" LC barrel for a 357SM, let me know.  I have 3 of them.

-Mike

 

D2X_0011_x_sm.jpg

Avatar
Charger Fan
Northern Utah

Supporter
Members


Moderators
Forum Posts: 11274
Member Since:
January 24, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
8
April 17, 2010 - 11:04 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

zoommb said:

CF:

If you need a "blue" LC barrel for a 357SM, let me know.  I have 3 of them.

-Mike

 


 

Thanks man, but first I need to find myself a 740...Laugh With a littleDWAShelp that shouldn't be too tough, right??rofl

I'll keep you in mind.Wink

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 1222
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 250
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Steve: 10311
SHOOTIST357: 4786
Ole Dog: 4311
Dave_Ks: 4299
Stinger: 3707
Supermagfan: 3298
zoommb: 3159
IHMSA80x80: 3014
Blacktop: 3004
brucertx: 2307
Newest Members:
mtxjltrkrs ixrzedkgmo
xqtvxoteys mqpwdekwwg
leimvngkrs qoolxjfmsh
viwmlmjyts tzomyefwkv
vhemyzdwnm xngqyvzurr
yqptmdfjtn mvjhklimpz
eulxznedno fgqzzftgvl
ysyiqhrmoi wiofrljuzu
xokuoloydt wmqruysjfl
egidomrwmy ggivrzhiqi
Forum Stats:
Groups: 11
Forums: 42
Topics: 17184
Posts: 152137

 

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 87
Members: 13732
Moderators: 4
Admins: 1
Administrators: Jody
Moderators: lbruce, Charger Fan, rwsem, SCORPIO