March 2, 2008
One of our most common questions on DWF is "When was it made?", and we all know that this info is probably lost forever. I know we have a lot of information here in posts all over the Site and in our personal records. I have decided to take on the long term project of collecting the information we have and presenting and updating it on DWF.
To that end, if Members here would please PM or email to me the following information that you know to be accurate:
1) Model and origin (Monson/Palmer/Norwich)
2) Original configuration if known (barrel/shroud type, Pistol Pack, etc.)
3) Serial Number (replace the last digit with "x" if you wish) including any letters and spaces
4) Original purchase date (or month, year, etc.)
5) Info to support the validity of the date, like: you are the original purchaser, barrel wrappers, documentation included with the gun, info from previous owner, etc. This will be used to attach a "reliability rating" for the information provided.
I will be going back through posts on DWF to find information posted by inactive Members, but if you could send out info on any guns you currently own or have owned, even if it's already been posted here, it would help out a lot.
Please DO NOT put your responses in this topic, it is locked and will not accept Posts
As I begin to get information and can put it in a legible format, it will be posted on DWF and updated regularly.
Thanks for your help
March 2, 2008