What to do, (grips) WHAT TO DO????? Dan Wesson 1911\'s The Dan Wesson Forum Forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
What to do, (grips) WHAT TO DO?????
July 7, 2013
2:07 pm
needsmostuff
In the dry heat of Tucson
Forum Posts: 34
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Being wise with all that hindsight after years of squandering nice S&W and Colt grips maybe this time I’ll ask first.

I got these grips.

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd300/needsmostuff/MVC-697F_zpse039dcac.jpg

I have “other brand “1911s , should I ?? Or do these need to get to some one looking for a set? Is anyone looking for a set.

Any info on years ( I think they are early ) and models they came on would be helpful and appreciated.

And I suppose I should consider buying a DW to fit them.

July 7, 2013
2:54 pm
Steve

Dan's Club
Forum Posts: 10330

Here’s a photo of the grips on my pre-CZ Pointman

72c98468-5d4c-4880-bed4-46457d73e7d9_zps90934002.jpg

Obviously a different medallion, the ones in your photo might be a specialty or customized item.

I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman "Were is the Self Help Section?" She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.

George Carlin

July 7, 2013
6:14 pm
needsmostuff

It does appear different. Yours looks like the familiar metal one in the revolver grips. Mine is a soft plastic dome???

July 7, 2013
7:01 pm
rwsem
SOWELA (Southwest Louisiana)

Supporter

Dan's Club
Forum Posts: 4504

Technically, the glass is always full; half liquid, half air....

July 7, 2013
8:54 pm
Blacktop
OHIO
Forum Posts: 3004

The common 1911 grip panel is less than 1 1/2 inches wide. The knobs posted on Ebay are

listed as “1 1/3 inches wide across”. That would mean they would almost cover the entire width

of the panel. Doesn’t look possible, even if just the center of the knobs were cut out an used….

But…On another note they do look like the ones used on the “sorry a$$ excuse of a replica”

airsoft Dan Wesson frown

Dan-Wesson-8-inch-CO2-Revolver-Review-Hop-up-Accuracy-Test-Pyramyd-Airsoft-Blog-Tom-Harris-Media-Tominator-02.jpg

-Blacktop

+DW.jpg

July 7, 2013
9:34 pm
rwsem
SOWELA (Southwest Louisiana)

Supporter

Dan's Club
Forum Posts: 4504

Agreed.  I wasn’t looking at size, only deisgn.  BT, your comment is more plausible.

Technically, the glass is always full; half liquid, half air....

July 8, 2013
12:25 am
needsmostuff

Although they do look a little cheesey I think they are legit. I did find this post on the first page of this section. Hard to see but look pretty simular.

https://www.danwessonforum.com/forum/dan-wesson-1911s/my-pm10-s/

and this

https://www.danwessonforum.com/forum/dan-wesson-1911s/dan-wesson-pointman-dave-pruitt-pmdp/

July 9, 2013
10:29 am
needsmostuff

As there is no great outcry for preservation I will feel safe to use these for “other” projects.

Thanks for looking.

July 9, 2013
11:03 pm
Blacktop
OHIO
Forum Posts: 3004

I had actually thought of buying the “DW knobs” for bottom drawers of a gun cabinet at

one time a few months back, reason I noticed their size.

needsmorestuff, nothing wrong with the grips, not my tea and just a little flashy for me.

But more important I think the main subject was lost here somewhere, the fact still

remains to your original question….yes…hell yes…you need a Dan to wrap those grips on !

lol2lol2lol2

-Blacktop

+DW.jpg

July 10, 2013
11:37 am
needsmostuff

Blacktop said 

But more important I think the main subject was lost here somewhere, the fact still

remains to your original question….yes…hell yes…you need a Dan to wrap those grips on !

lol2lol2lol2

-Blacktop

Ya know, I have been known to buy a car to get a set of tires so to buy a gun to fit a set of grips does not sound wrong to me. But when I got it I would probably change the grips to something I liked more. Logic need not apply.

Maybe , around here that may be preaching to the choir.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 76

Currently Online: willy
48 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Steve: 10330

SHOOTIST357: 4788

Dave_Ks: 4282

zoommb: 3157

Supermagfan: 3136

Blacktop: 3004

IHMSA80x80: 2692

Ole Dog: 2449

Stinger: 2336

brucertx: 2310

Newest Members:

hfc

Rich_2

Tom Goodpasture

Ag589

Winchester92

hacker51

Aaron Cushenberry

redride

JC_68Westy

Sbabbitt95

Forum Stats:

Groups: 11

Forums: 42

Topics: 14628

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 87

Members: 7101

Moderators: 4

Admins: 1

Site Supporters: 1972ctdc, 70chally, ar-tex, arcnsparc, Artur, atomar, b4delta, BBinger, bikeridertim, BRM, bunny, bwjones0011, CaptDanDD, Caruso4510, challer, DA....64, Dariusz Gut, dbodom, Dettom, Dr.Seuss, DWpistolpackin, ese927, freerider04, Garfield411N, Garymckenzie, GetAGrip, HankB, Headsmaster, hesslism, hester57, Hosspower, JamesF Swidryk, JASJR, john Goldsmith, John Greenley, johnbrandolino, JohnD, JustinPolley, larry260, LG, lonwolf93, Lracmcd, md8232, minmich, Mtn_Eagle, ParaNormal, pete, ray, Rex Beachmont, Rimfire, Roberto, SCORPIO, Starman90, StevenTrate, StillKickin, stovepipe, Sweeney, sweet trigger, Venturerider

Range Officers: brucertx, Dave_Ks, SHOOTIST357, Supermagfan, Tigger, zoommb

Dan’s Club: Boeing, brucertx, bunny, Dan Fan, Dave_Ks, DWpistolpackin, ese927, Garfield411N, Gman1956, jaggman, lbruce, lman, lonwolf93, Lracmcd, Maria Perkins, mhannon, Michael Berner, Ole Dog, ParaNormal, Rimfire, riverinerat, RonaldSemerena, rwsem, SCORPIO, snake-eye, Steve, Supermagfan, tikit2ryde, Wheelgunner, willy, zoommb

Administrators: Jody

Moderators: lbruce, Charger Fan, rwsem, SCORPIO