Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Trijicon sights for the Valor
PapaCap
Members
Forum Posts: 44
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
December 11, 2012 - 6:33 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have installed Trijicon HD Night Sights on all of my pistols that will accommodate them. For me they provide the very best day and night sights in one unit. If you are not familiar with them check out the Trijicon web site.

The reason I like the Trijicon HD Night Sights is because of the photoluminescent paint ring around the tritium insert. This gives really good day visibility of the sight.

I'm told by the folks at Dan Wesson (CZ-USA) that the front sight on the Valor is a Springfield sight and the rear is a Novak. While the Trijicon HD Night Sight is offered for a 1911 with the Novak rear, the front is different than the Valor.

Unfortunately, Trijicon does not make a front sight in the HD Night Sight line to accommodate the front of the Valor. Crap!

The only other option I can think of that would provide good day and night capability would be a fiber optic with a tritium insert for the front. Any ideas on something similar to the Trijicon HD Night Sight that fits the Valor? My other option, and much less desirable, is to simply paint the rear face of the front sight with photoluminescent paint of the same color as my other gun sights.

Looking forward to your input.

Thanks to all who have served our great country! Give till it hurts...they did!
http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
NRA Life Member
IDPA Member
ODFW Member

rwsem
SOWELA (Southwest Louisiana)

Supporter
Members

Moderators

Dans Club
Forum Posts: 5290
December 11, 2012 - 7:53 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory

Technically, the glass is always full; half liquid, half air....

Steve

Dans Club
Forum Posts: 10330
December 11, 2012 - 9:13 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ever look at XS Big Dot? White insert surrounding a Tritium insert. I've never owned a set,but I'm seriously considering a set for an upcoming 1911 project.

http://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/sights/front-sights/semi-auto-tritium-big-dot-express-sight-set-prod16839.aspx?avs|Manufacturer_1=XS%20SIGHT%20SYSTEMS

I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman "Were is the Self Help Section?" She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.

George Carlin

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 658
Currently Online: Beancounter81
Guest(s) 38
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Steve: 10330
SHOOTIST357: 4788
Dave_Ks: 4300
Ole Dog: 3912