Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Still in production, still making pistols
TxGRunner
San Antonio, Texas; Żagan, Poland
Members
Forum Posts: 39
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
July 29, 2021 - 9:42 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

After searching scores of retailers without finding any Dan Wesson product, I started searching elsewhere for rumors and speculation. I found just that: rumors and speculation. The Dan Wesson website just has a message which appears a little dated:

To our loyal customers, dealers, distributors and partners,
As the COVID pandemic persists, we are currently able to ship product unhindered, with as many staff on site as possible while adhering to safe practices and social distancing. Though restrictions with local governments are always changing, we are monitoring the situation and will be adapting our staffing plans as needed, with our commitment to customer service and order fulfillment remaining a high priority, second only to the health and safety of our employees.

According to a Dan Wesson employee in Norwich, they've been "building and shipping guns since July of last year." 

With average used DW guns going for $200 over SRP, I guess demand is just continuing to outstrip supplies. Even as other firearms are starting to be stocked and prices are leveling out, Dan Wesson pistols are still severely limited.

Oh well, I figure it is worth the wait.

One can't panic buy skill.

Zedbra
Squamish, British Columbia
Members

Dans Club
Forum Posts: 661
July 30, 2021 - 10:30 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

There are Dan Wessons for sale here in Canada, but they carry a steep price - about $2400 CDN for a new 1911, regardless of calibre.

TxGRunner
San Antonio, Texas; Żagan, Poland
Members
Forum Posts: 39
July 30, 2021 - 4:17 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Zedbra said
There are Dan Wessons for sale here in Canada, but they carry a steep price - about $2400 CDN for a new 1911, regardless of calibre.

Ouch, that is pricey -- I think that is about US$1925. Well, at least you can still buy them...for now.

For those in the US interested, I received an alert today for a new Dan Wesson Guardian chambered for 45 ACP at Impact Guns (SKU01829). They claim to have a "limited" number and are asking US$1676.

https://www.impactguns.com/semi-auto-handguns/dan-wesson-guardian-45-acp-4-25-8-1-black-duty-finish-stainless-steel-wood-grip-806703018294-01829

One can't panic buy skill.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 658
Currently Online: thegunguy
Guest(s) 47
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Steve: 10330
SHOOTIST357: 4788
Dave_Ks: 4300
Ole Dog: 3911