Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Question on frame size for my new Guardian 38 Super
Trooper Joe
Members
Forum Posts: 1
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
December 18, 2014 - 9:05 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hello Forum.

This is my first post.  Just picked up my new DW Guardian 38 Super that I ordered from CZ.

This gun is advertised to have a CCO frame which I thought was the same as an "Officers" short grip (6 rounds of 45 ACP, etc).

However, I was surprised to see that my new Guardian actually has a full size grip and of course the "Commander" length slide.

It is still very nice and I will not be sending it back to CZ.  However, I see in their web page that a 45 ACP in the CCO configuration is 5.0 inches high and a standard size 45 ACP 1911 is 5.5 inches high.  My new Guardian which is supposed to be a blend between a Commander size and CCO, is 5.5 inches high (or the size of a regular Commander not the Officers size frame).

I already ordered two "Compact" magazines from Wilson. Hopefully I can call them tomorrow morning and change the order to two 9 round full size Wilson magazines.

I  am curious if anyone else was confused by this description.

Trooper Joe

lonwolf93
Lancaster Pa
Members

Dans Club

DWF Supporters
Forum Posts: 1570
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
December 18, 2014 - 10:09 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on the new Guardian.

I had to go to their website to understand what you mean, and I can see how the description could be misinterpreted. The CZ-USA website is generally not highly regarded for detailed or accurate information on their Dan Wesson lineup. They certainly could do better.

However the firearms themselves are very well built. I am sure you will be quite happy with your new Guardian. I recently bought a Guardian in 38 Super also, I have 20 rounds thru it so far and I love it. I like the size and feel of the alloy bobtail frame, and the 38 is a lot of fun to shoot. Give us a range report when you can. Do you own any other Dan Wessons?

"The lion and the tiger may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus"

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 658
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 36
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Steve: 10330
SHOOTIST357: 4788
Dave_Ks: 4300
Ole Dog: 3909
Stinger: 3371