Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Pre Cz Rz info
jfetterer
Members
Forum Posts: 3
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
February 20, 2015 - 4:13 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print
Regarding the Razorback, the first RZ-10's were offered with the buyer's choice of Front Cocking Serrations (FCS) or no-FCS, and either fixed or adjustable sights. In selling/working on quite a few RZ's, I've seen several different variations, and describe the RZ's as actually occurring in three different groups. They are:

The original 'X of 150' guns.
You could almost call these the '1911forum' Razorbacks, as these guns were developed using guidance and input from members of this forum, and forum members were even allowed to designate/claim exactly which Serial Number they wanted! These guns could be pre-ordered, much like a limited-production gun, with the buyer stating his/her preference as to sights and front cocking serrations. What a cool time that was...
Features:
. Forged frame and slide
. Choice of FCS or no-FCS
. Choice of fixed or adjustable sights
. Either 'low' or 'high' blade front sight
. 'Hawg' logo on port side of frame dustcover
. 'X of 150' lazer inscription on port side of slide, just above Hawg logo
. Black wood grips with DW logo insert
. 2-pc guide rod
. CMC style thumb safety
. CMC style slide stop
. Nickle-plated CMC grip safety
. Wilson SS mainspring housing
. Laminated test target
. Razorback dog tags and a special 'thank you' letter from DW even came with some examples

The "Post-150 Razorbacks" (S.N. >150 but <650)
I've seen a lot of variability here. These forged frame and slide guns may or may not bear the Razorback name and logo, but did not have the 'X of __" logo on the slide, and could not be ordered with the buyer's choice of FCS vs no-FCS, or choice of sights. HOWEVER, the factory DID continue to make both variations of both serrations and sights. At one time, one of my customers/friends, and a member here 'yotehunter', had FIVE such RZ's in his collection. Believe he had all possible combinations, plus 1 'spare'. Anyhow, I've seen these post-150 with either 2-pc or 1-pc FLGR's (including some guns which were shipped with chrome-plated guide rods, where-in the chrome easily flakes and peels) , and wood or Hogue rubber grips. IIRC, these guns came with CMC style small parts, like the original Razorback. Test targets may have been included, but doubtful if dog tags or letters were included with these.

The 'RZ-10' model guns
These were made post-S.N. 650, and no longer bore the name "Razorback", but were, instead simply marked "RZ-10" on the slide. Being newer, and the last version of the guns made until production stopped, these guns typically came as follows:
. Forged slide with investment cast, non-undercut frame
. Hogue Rubber grips
. 1-pc FLGR
. FCS and adjustable sights as standard configuration
. Ed Brown grip safety and slide stop
. STI thumb safety
. Checkering on some models
. 20-ish lpi non-Wilson MSH
. No dog tags, letter, or test target

The new post-CZ buyout 'Razorback' guns
The Razorback is now back in production. This full-size, stainless, 10mm pistol is offered with its trademark, serrated rib atop the forged slide, and a solid aluminum trigger. Slide is offered only with NO front cocking serrations, and fixed Champion (Novak style) black sights (not night sights). Frame is uncheckered, and features Ed Brown slide stop and grip safety, and STI thumb safety. Grips are double-diamond checkered coco-bolo. RZ-10/Razorback markings have yet to be determined, but will be finalized very soon.

Dans Club
Forum Posts: 10330
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
February 20, 2015 - 6:20 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks for sharing, are you able to share the source of your info?

Anytime we can link information on ANY Dan Wesson, we would appreciate knowing the source.

Steve

I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman "Were is the Self Help Section?" She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.

George Carlin

Dan Fan
Members

Dans Club
Forum Posts: 1212
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online
February 21, 2015 - 12:31 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

This is from the Dan Wesson forum at 1911forum.com it's the go to place for 1911 DWs

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 658
Currently Online: Dan Fan, superdan, bigmitty, Scout728
Guest(s) 58
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Steve: 10330
SHOOTIST357: 4788
Dave_Ks: 4300
Ole Dog: 3911
Stinger: 3377