Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
New Dan Wesson Valor, carry options?
mley1
Members
Forum Posts: 5
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
February 13, 2021 - 8:27 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I've recently bought a 2020 DW Valor with the black duty finish. I looked all over YouTube for videos on this particular gun. And, it seems there are plenty of the earlier model Valors, but none with the new Valor. And, it appears there were several changes to the new Valor. I know the new Valor has the Ambi safety, a Stan Chen mag well, the recessed slide stop, the slim grips, the different rib on top, the change in the sights. I'm curious to know if these were the only changes or if there were others. 

I'm also interested in carry options for this gun. It deserves an excellent holster. Right now I carry it in a nice 1791 OWB holster. I'd like to find a nice leather IWB holster. Most all of the IWB holsters I've used before were all or part kydex. I don't want to use kydex for this pistol. I want to use leather. So, I'm interested in hearing what folks are using to carry their Valor. I carry mine daily, and just want additional options for IWB. How many of y'all cc your full sized 1911's?

I think the dealer made a mistake on the pricing of this gun as they were almost 400 dollars less than msrp. So, I felt very fortunate, and snatched it up.

Dan Wesson ValorImage Enlarger

Dan Wesson ValorImage Enlarger

mley1
Members
February 13, 2021 - 8:29 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I noticed now looking at the pics that the trigger is also different from the older Valors. I'm curious to know if these changes are considered upgrades from the earlier model, or if they were done for some other reason.

SCORPIO
PA

Supporter

Range Officer
Members

Moderators

DWF Supporters

Dans Club
Forum Posts: 4011
February 13, 2021 - 9:56 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Nice score on that one!  

I can't speak to the upgrades but I have a question for you.  What kind of rear sights do you have, 3 dot or the straight 8's?  I have a 2013 I think and it's got the Henie Ledge straight 8's that I've never been a big fan of.   If they haven't changed the rear cutout, I'd consider upgrading to a set of 3 dots as that is what I'm most accustomed to on all my other guns.

Anything worth doing is worth doing well.

My father

If a man designed it, and a man built it, then a man can fix it.

My grandfather

mley1
Members
February 22, 2021 - 10:46 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

It's not a straight 8, or a three dot. It's got a U notch with the flat edge on the front, and the bright red front dot with the tritium insert. They look like the Heinie sights, but are Ameriglo.

mley1
Members
raganzel
Members
Forum Posts: 7
February 24, 2021 - 2:19 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I purchased a pancake OWB from TT Gunleather. He is well known and used in the law enforcement field. You might want to take a look at his work. I also have a AIWB from him for my V-bob.

https://www.ttgunleather.com/20210224_130836.jpgImage Enlarger

20210224_130915.jpgImage Enlarger
20210224_130939.jpgImage Enlarger

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 658
Currently Online: Scout728
Guest(s) 71
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Steve: 10330
SHOOTIST357: 4788