April 11, 2019
I would like to buy a DW and keep the cost down a bit. Can someone tell me the difference between the Heritage and the Specialist? It seems like the heritage doesn’t have front checkering and of course it doesn’t have a rail. I want a Stainless steel Dan Wesson and I like the look of the rail and function but I like the idea of having a more traditional 1911. Can someone tell me the other differences? I might want to put a bigger magazine well on it in the future if I shoot competition with it. Thanks
March 9, 2015
I have a Specialist 45 in DT. Here are some of the differences:
1) The specialist has night sights with the rear sight that has a center element for fast acquisition and no FO front.
2) The specialist has an ambi-safety
3) The specialist has a rail. Therefore it is a bit heavier.
4) The specialist has aggressive G10 grips where the Heritage does not
5) The specialist is available with the DT treatment but the Heritage is not
6) The specialist has a magwell the heritage doesn’t.
7) The specialist has a long solid trigger, the heritage has a medium solid trigger.
8) The specialist was available in commander size also where the Heritage was only available in full size.
That is about all I can think of.
February 22, 2009
Most Users Ever Online: 134
Currently Browsing this Page:
Ole Dog: 2522
Guest Posters: 87
Newest Members:Dakota Peterson, edwin miller, technique, Marty Wilson, Alejandrin Hirthe, LWRDRMDNSS, slickstick55, Burgesslm72, Dave T, Amelia Breitenberg
Moderators: Charger Fan: 10524, rwsem: 4617, SCORPIO: 3656
Administrators: Jody: 6179