Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Does DW Answer Their Phones
retiredbadge
Members
Forum Posts: 2
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
November 21, 2016 - 5:09 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I bought my 4th DW.  It is the ECO model.  With each of my pistols their was a small bottle of oil to be used during the break in period.  I try to break it in by their manual.  So I picked up my DW ECO last week and there was no oil bottle in the pistol case.  I looked up online and it appears I called CZ.  A very nice man answered the phone and I told him the issue of wanting to pick up the right oil.  He gives me DW's phone number.  I called Friday and was put on hold and hung up on twice.  So I started today and the same issue except the hung up on me three times.  I did get through to a voice mail and left my name and number.  Up until now they have not called me.

I understand I could probably use any quality oil, but I take exception to paying a premium price ($1621) because I could only find one in stock and it not have the oil in it.  I take solace in the fact the all of my DW have run without any issues and I believe it has something to do with breaking it in right.  I want the oil that should be in the pistol box upon purchase.

I have looked online and I guess I will use the Miltec-1 on it since DW can't seem to pick up the phone.

My rant is over now and I will load magazines so I can go to the range tomorrow. 

Steve

Dans Club
Forum Posts: 10330
November 21, 2016 - 10:10 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well, sort of a rant, but not the first time the "contact" question has been raised.

1) IMHO, calling CZ to get anything done with Dan Wesson is a waste of time. CZ rarely shows any interest or connection with Dan Wesson

2) There can seem to be a "Monday/Friday" issue in working with DW in Norwich, it's been commented on  before on a few shooting Forums.

3) Maybe try Tue/Wed/Thur mid morning thru late afternoon, some one named "Sean" seems to surface with some regularity as a problem solver.

You are right, on a $1600 gun, it should be right, and a $2.00 bottle of oil should not be an issue.

I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman "Were is the Self Help Section?" She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.

George Carlin

Ole Dog
ocala, fl

Supporter
Members

Dans Club
Forum Posts: 3910
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online
November 22, 2016 - 7:04 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Reminds me of a former employee of mine that had to work New Years Eve and Valentines Day in my little restaurant every year. She said it isn't fair. I said to her,'it may be a free country but it's not a fair country. If you want fair go to the carnival. " Boy, did that piss her off. Try 30 weight high grade motor oil. It is better than any gun oil made. Or Dextron  transmission fluid. Even better. Anything made for a car is higher quality than what is peddled to the gun trade. 

SCORPIO
PA

Supporter

Range Officer
Members

Moderators

DWF Supporters

Dans Club
Forum Posts: 4011
November 22, 2016 - 12:06 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

The oil they include is FP 10, Miltec will also work.  Both are higher viscosity oils.  Stay away from thin oils and atf during break in or you will get galling and slide seizure.

Anything worth doing is worth doing well.

My father

If a man designed it, and a man built it, then a man can fix it.

My grandfather

Stuckup
Georgetown, Texas
Members
Forum Posts: 7
September 27, 2017 - 9:35 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I felt the same way until i figured out that unless you live on the East Left coast they close at 2 pm Central 1 pm Mountain and 12 noon if you are on the West Left Coast, it seems that the whole company must be union members. That said when I called at 2pm here in Texas I was told that the smith had already left but I could leave a message which I did and joined the forum, we'll see what nets better service. I'll let y'all know as soon as I sort it out. Can't wait for the gun I have high expectations but this just goes down under my general disproval of East Coast anything.  Grandaddy always said never trust nothin' North or east of Waco.  LOL

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 658
Currently Online: Ole Dog
Guest(s) 60
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Steve: 10330
SHOOTIST357: 4788
Dave_Ks: 4300
Ole Dog: 3910
Stinger: 3372