Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Classic Bobtail Commander Question
Genepix
Members
Forum Posts: 3
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
March 19, 2011 - 6:00 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

In 2009, I decided that I had to have a CBOB- new.  It was difficult finding one, but I did, and I love it.  I believe that the following year DW decided to drop offering the CBOB except in California.  I am interested why it was dropped, and why it is only available in CA....  Thanks...

Steve

Dans Club
Forum Posts: 10330
March 19, 2011 - 9:32 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

My opinion is that in 2008-09 they decided to capitalize on the very good reputation they were building in the 1911 world. In order to justify some pretty big MSRP increases, they completely revamped the lineup with all new model names and styling. The CA model continued because they had completed all the testing and certifications, and did not want to abandon the effort and cost that had gone into that process.

CBOB is a fine pistol, I regularly regret not having gotten one when the getting was good.

I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman "Were is the Self Help Section?" She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.

George Carlin

frankb
Piedmont of NC
Members
Forum Posts: 47
March 30, 2011 - 7:29 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

In 2010 I was able to purchase a CBOB from a dealer in Florida. He told me I got one of two hundred CBOB's that were allocated to California. 

I purchased the CBOB and had it transferred to NC to my dealer. I paid dearly for this pistol, but have never regretted it one time.

I have had so many offers for my CBOB since getting it, but will never part with it. I have never had a pistol that shoots as straight and accurate as this one. I do find it a slight bit heavy for concealed carry because I am used to a S&W 442 revolver, but I get more and more used to the extra weight behind my belt.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 658
Currently Online: stonebuster, MagnumBoomer
Guest(s) 43
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Steve: 10330
SHOOTIST357: 4788
Dave_Ks: 4300
Ole Dog: 3914
Stinger: 3377