Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
CBOB loose barrel bushing
azpaleo
Members
Forum Posts: 4
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
September 19, 2009 - 7:52 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Do any of you CBOB owners out there experience an extremely loose barrel bushing.  Mine slips out of the slide from the weight of gravity when disasembling!  I do get great 25 yard groups 2 - 2.5 inches, but never had a 1911 with such a loose fit bushing.

Thanks

Steve

Dans Club
Forum Posts: 10330
September 20, 2009 - 4:36 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have a Pointman, not a CBOB, and my bushing is easily removed in disassembly. It is not sloppy in any way, I just think it is extremely well fitted in that it goes exactly into place with no front-back or rotational play. Once everything is assembled, the greatest contibutor to accuracy is having a great barrel>bushing fit, and the bushing firmly in place once everything is locked up in battery. If you have any bushing slop at that point, then there's trouble.

What other 1911's are you shootiong?

I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman "Were is the Self Help Section?" She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.

George Carlin

azpaleo
Members
September 27, 2009 - 4:37 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks for your opinion Steve!!!!  I shoot a Les Baer Premier II and Les Baer Custom Carry along with a Kimber.  These are extremes of course.  I understand an easily removed bushing by hand is preferred, but when it falls out from tipping the pistol, I start to wonder!  I can't complain about the pistol at all.  Groups are excellent and you can't get finer customer service.  In fact I am about to post a review of this bobtail, so look for it.  I am very impressed with the overall quality of the firearm!  I just don't think bushings should fall out of the gun from no more than a quick shake of the hand.

GregSmile

azpaleo
Members
September 27, 2009 - 4:40 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sorry, I meant tipping the slide when the pistol is disassembled and the bushing is unlocked.

Duh......

Greg

Steve

Dans Club
Forum Posts: 10330
September 27, 2009 - 10:12 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

If your CBOB compares favorably to a Les Baer, that's about the highest praise I can think of. I'd really like to see your review.

I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman "Were is the Self Help Section?" She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.

George Carlin

zenfly
key west
Members
Forum Posts: 12
November 6, 2009 - 4:35 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Everything on my CBOB seems very tight...Might even be too tight for a battle gun where it might get in the real dirt...I don't want to find out..

I've been reading the other forums for a few months and this is the first loose anything I've heard of on a CBOB or any DW 1911..

robert101
Orange County, CA
Members
November 12, 2009 - 6:14 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

The bushing on my PM7 10MM is similar in fit to the bushing on your CBOB. As described previously, I see nothing wrong with the fit. The barrel is tight and well positioned in place when the gun is in battery. I have heard that some other high end 1911's require even a wrench to loosen the busing from the barrel. Maybe a qualified expert gun smith can further comment on this, but again I find no fault with the fit of the Dan Wesson bushing.

Robert

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 658
Currently Online: Stmstan 445
Guest(s) 54
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Steve: 10330
SHOOTIST357: 4788
Dave_Ks: 4300
Ole Dog: 3911