Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Cbob discontinued in 2010
cougar
central florida
Members
Forum Posts: 16
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
December 24, 2009 - 11:54 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory

I am glad I got my Cbob home from layaway this week !

My computer had been in the shop for the last ten days and when I got it back I went to the CZ web page to find that all the rumors was true . There had been rumor of discontinuing the cbob , which I was in denial about , and then the rumor of just a price increase came up !

Seems as both are true, There is always a new and improved model on the horizon but at a bigger price. And then comes the new Vbob !

Most seem to be happy to hear about the Vbob and to be truthful it is hard to believe the cbob lasted as long as it did, My opinion is the cbob is a super great gun at a good price which made it affordable for someone like myself on a tight budget that wants a quality 1911 without having to shell out a couple grand to get one. Not everyone shoots competition and not everyone shoots a case of ammo a month, but I can understand why you cant have a $1,000.00  Cbob on the market if you want to sell a 1,600.00 – 2,000.00 dollar new improved model ! This is just my two cents worth of rambling.

Steve

Dans Club
Forum Posts: 10330
December 25, 2009 - 9:26 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Congrats on getting your CBob, by all accounts it is a fine pistol. I want one, and I have a "standing order" with myself that if I find one at an affordable (for me) price I will buy it. This is possible, there are a couple of local shops that DW's of all varieties at sometimes pretty reasonable prices.

DW 1911's have been undervalued in the marketplace for a couple of years, and they are now catching up. From a business standpoint, if a Stainless Taurus Gov't model can retail for $859, DW should get their list price for a much higher quality pistol.

I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman "Were is the Self Help Section?" She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.

George Carlin

Jody
Salem, Virginia
Admin
Forum Posts: 6205
December 25, 2009 - 5:52 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Based on what I have read the CBOB will still be available in The People's Republic of Kalifornia!  Apparently it's very expensive to get a gun on the list so they will make a small run for this market.

I agree with Steve based on what I've read the enhancements to the 2010 guns will make them even better.

I have my CBOB so I'm happy! Big Grin

Charger Fan
Northern Utah

Supporter
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11037
December 26, 2009 - 7:59 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

That's odd, I had been under the impression that the CBOB was one of their best sellers.

cougar
central florida
Members
December 27, 2009 - 9:54 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Jody said:

Based on what I have read the CBOB will still be available in The People's Republic of Kalifornia!  Apparently it's very expensive to get a gun on the list so they will make a small run for this market.

I agree with Steve based on what I've read the enhancements to the 2010 guns will make them even better.

I have my CBOB so I'm happy! Big Grin

That is what I was getting at when I said that I was surprised the cbob lasted as long as it did at the price they were selling it for, it was and is a great gun for around a grand. You just dont find a fine tuned 1911 for that kind of ging aling anymore.

But I understand CZ/DW point of view on the subject.

Sad part is I had a couple more DW models I wanted to add to my collection.

lbruce
Georgia
Members

DWF Supporters

Dans Club

Moderators
Forum Posts: 3569
December 27, 2009 - 4:48 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Cry they are discontinuing several models on my wish list. The RZ10, PM7, lucky for me I have my CBOB. The price increase stings too.MadSome of the new models are mighty handsom though, Wink someday, maybe.

LB

Wisdom is merely the realization of how little one knows, therefore I am wise.

cougar
central florida
Members
December 31, 2009 - 9:12 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

lbruce said:

Cry they are discontinuing several models on my wish list. The RZ10, PM7, lucky for me I have my CBOB. The price increase stings too.MadSome of the new models are mighty handsom though, Wink someday, maybe.

LB

You are not alone on the wish list ! It kinda hurts my plans on a few more I wanted to collect.  The price increase don't help none, but I can see how they feel it is justified considering the fine guns they were producing and what they were charging for them.

I got my Cbob at the right time, and I am sure they will be available here and there . There is plenty of guns on the market that was discontinued by various companies through the years.

frankb
Piedmont of NC
Members
Forum Posts: 47
February 11, 2010 - 6:51 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

New here, but just wanted to vent a little.

I am so behind the times right now. I got to hold my first CBOB Monday.

I have had my share of M&P, Taurus Mil, and have fired the XD's and Glocks. Nothing wrong with any of them but, I am getting so tired of plastic guns.

I have not been a fan of 1911 as I owned and concealed carried one more then 25 years ago. It was about the cheapest one you could own and it rattled worse then my first car!

About two weeks ago I woke up one morning and for some crazy reason decided to look into buying another 1911, but swore it would be a good one. I went to our gun shows here in NC last weekend and held, fondled and drooled all over some of the nicest looking 1911's I have seen. Sorry to say that I could not find one that would fit in my hand the way I wanted it to.

I was at my local gun shop and was talking to the owner about my problems and another customer walked in. He started listening to my conversation and chimed right in by saying that he had "this" 1911 that he bought back in December. He was offering to run home and get it so I could hold it to see if it was what I was looking for. I told him thanks, but that would not be necessary. After an hour of conversation at the counter, the customer said I will be back in about half hour and ran out the door. I felt obligated at that point to wait around for his return. Sure enough, about 30 minutes later he pulls back up with a case in hand. Coming through the door, I noticed it was a Dan Wesson case. I did not feel all that excited, and expected to be disappointed once again. He comes over to the counter and opens the case. I get my first glance of the Dan Wesson Commander Bobtail. All Stainless, shining like a mirror. He clears the weapon and hands it to me for inspection.

I am a grown man, but my eyes felt like they were filling up with water. I could not believe the feel of the 1911 in my hand.

Pointing this weapon on target came as natural to me as walking or eating. The Bobtail was something I was not familiar with at all. As I said, I am so used to revolvers and plastic guns.

He goes on to tell me that he purchased it just in time as the gun shop where it came from told him that if he did not get it back in December, he would not be able to find one, or at least not for that price. He walked out the door with that case in his hand.

He has only put about 30 rounds through this weapon since his ownership of it, so you can imagine not a single mark and as tight as it was when it left the factory.

No, I am not going to tell you he sold it to me, or that he is going to sell it to me. In fact the first thing he said to me was "NOT FOR SALE"!

I am now on a quest like no other to find one of these in a box.

I have a few different weapons at the local shop on consignment for sale, and told the store owner that when any one of the guns are sold, find me the CBOB.

He started looking and then told me there were no more being made. That just broke my heart. He went on to tell me about the V-BOB, and the additional hundreds that CZ tacked on this new model. That broke my heart even more.

I am so wired on getting one of these bobtails now! If I have to pay that extra that CZ is going to bleed out of me, then I guess I will have to smile and say thank you as this is the only 1911 that will fit me at all.

Sorry for the boring story, but I had to vent!

Jody
Salem, Virginia
Admin
Forum Posts: 6205
February 11, 2010 - 9:11 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Frank, I had much the same experience as you.  I never really wanted a 1911 until I picked up a CBOB.  I was able to pickup a used one for $750 a year or two ago.  I was surprised to find a used one especially since dealers around Roanoke never stock them.

From what I have read the VBOB is suppose to have some even better parts and the frame is forged instead of cast.  I guess a forged frame makes a difference to someone but I'm pretty happy with my CBOB the way it is.  I've only put about 400 rounds through it but its ran fine so far.

Good Luck on the hunt for the CBOB.  If you find one you will not regret the purchase! 

Steve

Dans Club
Forum Posts: 10330
February 11, 2010 - 10:47 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I waited and watched too long on a CBOB in a local shop 9-10 months ago, once I was ready, it was gone. I do have a DW 1911, and it is a great pistol, and I really want a CBOB someday. If you don't absolutely have to have a new one, they are available on Gun Broker most of the time.

I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman "Were is the Self Help Section?" She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.

George Carlin

lbruce
Georgia
Members

DWF Supporters

Dans Club

Moderators
Forum Posts: 3569
February 12, 2010 - 8:13 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

No one in my area stocks DWs, I wanted a PM7 for a long time but wanted to hold one in my hand before buying, so GB and the like were out. One day I walked into a area shop and they just happened to have a CBOB on the shelf, and once I held it I was in trouble. The rest is history and I agree it does feel good in the hand. Now I just need the PM7 to come along, and the razorback, and the valor, and, and, and, OH you get the idea. Keep looking they are still out there I believe.

LB

Wisdom is merely the realization of how little one knows, therefore I am wise.

frankb
Piedmont of NC
Members
Forum Posts: 47
February 12, 2010 - 8:20 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I do believe that this is a quest for me now. I am on a mission!

I am the youngest of my family (now 58), and have always been told that I am the "spoiled one" in the family because I always got what I wanted.

Not sure about the spoiled part, but I do seem to get the things I want. But, the only reason is that I persue my wants and needs with heart. If I want something bad enough, I get it.

My late mom once told me to never give up on something that you want, and I don't.

If you want something bad enough, it is well worth going after.

zoommb
People's Republic of Illinois

Range Officer
Members

Range Officers

Dans Club
Forum Posts: 3161
February 12, 2010 - 11:50 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

frankb said:

If you want something bad enough, it is well worth going after.

True, but unfortunately I frequently wind up paying more than I should just because I really wanted it.  Smile

-Mike

D2X_0011_x_sm.jpg

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 658
Currently Online: CHARLES TESS, BearLakeBlues
Guest(s) 46
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Steve: 10330
SHOOTIST357: 4788
Dave_Ks: 4300