Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
2016 Calendar Contest - Now Open!
Jody
Salem, Virginia
Admin
Forum Posts: 6205
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
August 20, 2015 - 1:55 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Good Afternoon Everyone!

It's that time of year again to get out the camera and take some cool and unique photos to submit for the 2016 Dan Wesson Forum Calendar!  This year we'll be producing two calendars one for revolvers and the other for 1911's.  The rules are the same as previous years and I have listed them before for everyone's review.  This year rather than email them you will be able to upload them directly to the site.  The file size limit per photo is 10MB. 

Please let me know if you experience an issues with submitting your entries!  As always I look forward to seeing your  entries!

TERM

The 2016 Dan Wesson Forum Photo Contest begins August 20, 2015 at 12:00:00 p.m. US Eastern Time and ends September 30, 2015, 11:59:00 p.m. US Eastern Time ("ET") (the "Contest"). Information on how to enter form part of these official rules ("Official Rules"). By submitting an entry, each entrant agrees to the Official Rules and warrants that his or her entry complies with all requirements set out in the Official Rules. This is a skill-based contest and chance plays no part in the determination of winners.

WHO MAY ENTER

Contest is open to all registered members of the Dan Wesson Forum.

HOW TO ENTER

Each Entry consists of an entry form, a single image. To enter complete the entry form with the required information, including your name, forum screen name, email address, model, category and photo caption; and submit along with your photograph according to the instructions that follow.

The Categories for entries are: (1) Revolver and (2) 1911 (the "Categories"). Each member may submit up to 5 entries. Each entry must comply with the following requirements (the "Photograph Requirements"):

Photographs must be in digital format and include a Dan Wesson revolver or 1911 pistol. The photograph need not be taken with a digital camera; scans of negatives, transparencies, or photographic prints are acceptable. All digital files must be 10 megabytes or smaller, must be in JPEG or JPG format, and must be at least 1,600 pixels wide (if a horizontal image) or 1,600 pixels tall (if a vertical image).

Photographs featured in previous Dan Wesson Forum calendars are not eligible for submission.

The photograph must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the Sponsor, contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content.

The caption must be complete and accurate, sufficient to convey the circumstances in which the photograph was taken. Disguising or misrepresenting the origin of your content is cause for disqualification.

All entries must be submitted by September 30, 2015 at 11:59:00 p.m.

RELEASES

If the photograph contains any material or elements that are not owned by the entrant and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, and/or if any persons appear in the photograph, the entrant is responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the photograph, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the exhibition and use of the photograph in the manner set forth in these Official Rules without additional compensation. If any person appearing in any photograph is under the age of majority in their state/province/territory of residence the signature of a parent or legal guardian is required on each release.

LICENSE

By entering the Contest, all entrants grant an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide non-exclusive license to Authorized Parties, to reproduce, distribute, display and create derivative works of the entries (along with a name credit) in connection with the Contest and promotion of the Contest, in any media now or hereafter known, including, but not limited to: Display at a potential exhibition of winners; publication of a book featuring select entries in the Contest; publication in the Dan Wesson Forum calendar or online highlighting entries or winners of the Contest. Entrants consent to the Sponsor doing or omitting to do any act that would otherwise infringe the entrant's "moral rights" in their entries. Display or publication of any entry on an Authorized Party's website does not indicate the entrant will be selected as a winner. Authorized Parties will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such use. Additionally, by entering, each entrant grants to Authorized Parties the unrestricted right to use all statements made in connection with the Contest, and pictures or likenesses of Contest entrants, or choose not to do so, at their sole discretion. Authorized Parties will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such use.

LIMITATION OF LIABILITY

By entering this Contest, all entrants agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless Dan Wesson Forum and its partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, agents and their employees, officers, directors, and representatives from any claims, losses, and damages arising out of their participation in this Contest or any Contest-related activities and the acceptance and use, misuse, or possession of any prize awarded hereunder.

Steve

Dans Club
Forum Posts: 10330
August 20, 2015 - 8:18 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

A little background for newer Members:

-DWF calendars started in 2010

-There have been a total of eight DWF calendars, in 2012 and 2014 there were additional 1911 specific calendars

-Once all the entries are in and posted on DWF, Members will vote for their favorites

-Jody does the usual great job of formatting the calendar

-Calendars are available on DWF for Members to purchase, proceeds are used to offset Forum operating costs

I normally get 2-3 each year, I still have one of each, original and in perfect condition, and give the extras away to people that have an interest in Dan Wesson's or DWF.

It's a pretty fun process, it's been several years since I submitted any photos, but I'm thinking maybe this year ...

I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman "Were is the Self Help Section?" She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.

George Carlin

Zedbra
Squamish, British Columbia
Members

Dans Club
Forum Posts: 661
August 21, 2015 - 2:19 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well this sounds fun - I'm going to get working on a few good photos for my Dans. 

William
Members
Forum Posts: 44
August 24, 2015 - 11:26 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Here is a calendar submission. My Dan Wesson model 15-2 “LITTLE DAN”, .357 caliber made in Monson, Mass.

"The ever evolving history of Dan Wesson"Dan-Wesson-Firearms-1.jpgImage Enlarger

stovepipe
Indiana

Supporter
Members

DWF Supporters
Forum Posts: 170
August 25, 2015 - 5:56 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hello, My Screen name is Stovepipe.This is a 715 Dan Wesson revolver Monson made with Compensated barrels. The barrels were made in 2011 by CZ / Dan Wesson in Norwich N.Y.

COMP-BARREL-SEC-715.jpgImage Enlarger

photohause
Sebastian, FL
Members
Forum Posts: 2253
August 28, 2015 - 8:07 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I love seeing what these guys can do...always creative and kool stuff.

If you're going to drink, don't drive. Don't even putt. 

Jody
Salem, Virginia
Admin
August 31, 2015 - 9:25 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Just wanted to remind everyone to submit your photos for the 2016 calendar!  

Thanks,

Jody

Zedbra
Squamish, British Columbia
Members

Dans Club
Forum Posts: 661
September 1, 2015 - 10:27 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

My wife is the artsy one with the camera, but I managed to come up with a few ideas when she was at work the other day.  Now she wants a turn to come up with other shots, but here are the three that I liked and submitted:

http://i459.photobucket.com/albums/qq314/Zedbra/MIsc/Private/crop8_zpsonmfl9uy.jpgImage Enlarger

http://i459.photobucket.com/albums/qq314/Zedbra/MIsc/Private/crop9_zpswhdrtvzr.jpgImage Enlarger

http://i459.photobucket.com/albums/qq314/Zedbra/MIsc/Private/crop10_zpsbuaissrs.jpgImage Enlarger

I have never seen any of the previous calendars - is this up to par with previous images?

Jody
Salem, Virginia
Admin
September 18, 2015 - 11:20 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Just wanted to remind everyone that the deadline to enter photos is September 30th... so far we've only had submissions from 4 members.

Kaseyart
Members
Forum Posts: 93
September 18, 2015 - 12:07 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Jody, please let me know if you need any help with the images. i.e. photoshop work, cropping and even layout. Don;t mean to step on toes if that is what you do or already have someone. I am a graphic designer and am always happy to help.

Geddy
Members
Forum Posts: 25
September 22, 2015 - 1:58 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory

My submission.  A model 740 that was in sad shape when I received her.  I spent a lot of time fixing her up, I also learned a low about how a large frame works.

image1.jpegImage Enlarger

Dave_Ks
Kansas

Range Officer
Members

Range Officers

Dans Club
Forum Posts: 4300
September 23, 2015 - 10:35 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

So far so good, got to get the time and maybe even take of a few of the new to me 4 barrel VH 15-2 pac I snagged last weekend!    

DSCN1339.jpg

SCORPIO
PA

Supporter

Range Officer
Members

Moderators

DWF Supporters

Dans Club
Forum Posts: 4011
September 24, 2015 - 9:58 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

A seasonal pic or two.  First 7414 SRS-1001-1.JPGImage Enlarger

Here we have a 'pair' on a bed of apples.  Palmer twins, 445 8VHSC with stainless barrel and a 44 mag Fixed barrel with scope.003-1.JPGImage Enlarger
 The non fluted Palmer 44 fixed barrel again.004.JPGImage Enlarger
 And the Palmer 445 8VHSC again.005-1.JPGImage Enlarger

Anything worth doing is worth doing well.

My father

If a man designed it, and a man built it, then a man can fix it.

My grandfather

Supermagfan
Pennsylvania

Range Officer
Members

Range Officers

Dans Club
Forum Posts: 3243
September 26, 2015 - 10:04 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Scorpio, those cool-pics are just Fruity, if you ask me.  Couldn't help it wink

SMF

A man cannot have too many SuperMags

Dave_Ks
Kansas

Range Officer
Members

Range Officers

Dans Club
Forum Posts: 4300
September 29, 2015 - 9:45 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory

Where do they go once we work through the submit button?   so here is what i submitted a new to me 15-2 4 BA pac! '81 paper work with it (hidden)

DSCN1713.JPGImage Enlarger

DSCN1339.jpg

Patriot X
Members
Forum Posts: 23
September 30, 2015 - 9:30 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print
Charger Fan
Northern Utah

Supporter
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11041
October 4, 2015 - 8:06 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

We have had some great looking entries this year, thank you to those who have participated thus far! However, we don't have enough entries to complete a calendar yet, so Jody has extended the deadline. He will be along soon with the final "hammer drop" for the 2016 dwf calendar entries.

So...BRING ON THEcool-picscool

Jody
Salem, Virginia
Admin
October 5, 2015 - 3:25 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Deadline extended to October 31st!

Awesome looking photos, keep them coming!

PSMFG2
Akron, OH.
Members
Forum Posts: 342
October 6, 2015 - 1:22 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hmmm, let me see if I can dig some up.

Looking for any particular models?

117-1-1.JPG

Kaseyart
Members
Forum Posts: 93
October 6, 2015 - 2:20 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I added photos via the form. Do I also need to upload to this thread?  Even if mine are not used I just want to make sure they were received.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 658
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 48
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Steve: 10330
SHOOTIST357: 4788
Dave_Ks: 4300
Ole Dog: 3912
Stinger: 3377