Avatar
Please consider registering
Guest
Search
Forum Scope


Match



Forum Options



Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Looking to buy used .357 with 2 barrels ??????? 600.00 ??????
Avatar
darrellkansas
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 235
Member Since:
February 12, 2018
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
1
February 12, 2018 - 10:47 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have a chance to buy a used with a 6" and a 2.5" heavy from EWK ( the 2.5) and the tool, I dont think he has a box or anything else 

Its a blued and looks pretty good in the pictures with a pretty light turn ring on cylinder. I would like to get it a little cheaper but was wondering if the 600 is a good or great price or a complete over price. Would like to get a entire P.P but right now I would like to just get my hands on a D.W

7965865_01_dan_wesson_357_magnum_2_barrel_640.jpgImage Enlarger

Friday a thief ,Sunday a king

Avatar
Stinger
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 3705
Member Since:
February 16, 2016
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2
February 13, 2018 - 7:09 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

$600 is a good price for that package ... the 6" revolver with tool is worth that and the EWK 2-1/2" Extra Heavy barrel assembly is worth around $200.

goodluck

Avatar
darrellkansas
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 235
Member Since:
February 12, 2018
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3
February 13, 2018 - 10:29 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Friday a thief ,Sunday a king

Avatar
photohause
Sebastian, FL
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 2253
Member Since:
February 20, 2008
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
4
February 13, 2018 - 4:27 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

 If you're going to drink, don't drive. Don't even putt. 

Avatar
darrellkansas
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 235
Member Since:
February 12, 2018
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
5
February 13, 2018 - 6:19 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I bought it, he would not go any lower so...........

If guns could scream from being dirty this one would be..loud. The charge holes in the cylinder look worse than any of my barrels after 100 rounds. The barrels we full of debris when I put my bore light, he said he just had not cleaned them.

The previous owner said he got it on trade and must have just lost interest or never had any.The only bad spot is a tiny bit of rust just above the left grip panel I used my finger nail and some breakfree and it cleaned up good I;ll put a dab of oil on it and do a good wipe down after playing and it should be OK

Im going to build my own pistol pack with this frame and two barrels357.jpgImage Enlarger

Friday a thief ,Sunday a king

Avatar
DakotaJack
SD
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 1830
Member Since:
August 29, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
6
February 13, 2018 - 10:19 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

It looks nice in the photo.  It appears to be a solid rib on the 6" but can't tell for sure.  You don't see the solid rib quite as often as the vented rib shrouds.  Either way, it looks to be in nice shape and I'm sure will look even better after you clean it up.  If it were me (and I know it's not, but if it were)....I'd sell that EWK paperweight to whoever wanted to buy it and put the funds toward a regular assy. when he (EWK) comes out with them again or find one in the used market. 

Avatar
Ole Dog
ocala, fl

Supporter
Members


Dans Club
Forum Posts: 4310
Member Since:
March 25, 2013
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
7
February 13, 2018 - 10:42 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Stinger and Dakotajack are steering you straight. Some folks love the EWK extra heavy BA. I am not one of them.

Avatar
darrellkansas
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 235
Member Since:
February 12, 2018
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
8
February 14, 2018 - 7:27 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory

Its a solid rib, I;ve been searching for standard replacement barrels non-vented so they all look the same...am finding them put the price is way to high for the condition.............430.00 for an 8 inch that is covered in rust and most likely pitted.

 

I see where C-Z produces new but will have to wait until they have some in stock ? If I make a order will they produce what I am after ?

Friday a thief ,Sunday a king

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 1222
Currently Online: Dan Fan, Wolf (Formally Axxxxx Wxxxx)
Guest(s) 119
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Steve: 10311
SHOOTIST357: 4786
Ole Dog: 4310
Dave_Ks: 4299
Stinger: 3705
Supermagfan: 3298
zoommb: 3159
IHMSA80x80: 3014
Blacktop: 3004
brucertx: 2307
Newest Members:
rvoudktupi mxxjsplzgo
Joseph Descheemaeker
setodqeotu hyvqpedryz
xkeimniypp vonjepgfmo
xmvlthsktu qiqjgpwgyw
jkdjnplnjf xnlyvhmrmq
tyudwtqwos hiuzirxris
zjslvjgwii iumplhovhs
tzrjkhjyxl ekkftkwqxq
MonsonMonster
Forum Stats:
Groups: 11
Forums: 42
Topics: 17184
Posts: 152110

 

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 87
Members: 13690
Moderators: 4
Admins: 1
Administrators: Jody
Moderators: lbruce, Charger Fan, rwsem, SCORPIO