Avatar
Please consider registering
Guest
Search
Forum Scope


Match



Forum Options



Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Can you put a 3" fixed barrel on a Monson 715 frame?
Avatar
Rex Beachmont
South Florida
Member
Members


DWF Supporters
Forum Posts: 195
Member Since:
July 22, 2018
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
1
April 24, 2019 - 3:50 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory

 I had a question about installing a fixed barrel assembly on a 715 but l found the answer reading the "removing a fixed barrel " posts. It turns out the thing is torqued to 100psi. Gotta go.

My Baby Lets Me Do What I Want 

Avatar
Ole Dog
ocala, fl

Supporter
Members


Dans Club
Forum Posts: 4311
Member Since:
March 25, 2013
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2
April 26, 2019 - 10:11 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Not only that, a fixed barrel can be damaged removing it. The barrel and the frame can be damaged. That actually goes for any revolver including the ones that are factory rebarreled. I have a Palmer 3" stainless BA that is a fixed barrel configuration but is an interchangable model. The fixed barrel BA I just saw on eBay has no room milled out for a barrel nut. 

Avatar
Rex Beachmont
South Florida
Member
Members


DWF Supporters
Forum Posts: 195
Member Since:
July 22, 2018
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3
April 26, 2019 - 9:15 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory

Interesting, Ole Dog. So the whole thing is rather pointless and dicey at best. I'll just wait for the factory made 3" fixed barrel revolver to show up on Gunbroker. Thanks for the info.

My Baby Lets Me Do What I Want 

Avatar
Andrew1220
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 721
Member Since:
August 8, 2016
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
4
April 27, 2019 - 11:48 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory

I thought I read that DW can convert fixed BA’s to removable BA’s?

or am I misunderstanding what the OP is looking for?

Avatar
LeonardC
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 211
Member Since:
June 8, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
5
April 29, 2019 - 3:20 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I've never had a fixed DW in my hands, but psi doesn't sound right for torque?  ft/lbs?

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 1222
Currently Online: Teddydogno1, RichardsDWs
Guest(s) 53
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Steve: 10311
SHOOTIST357: 4786
Ole Dog: 4311
Dave_Ks: 4299
Stinger: 3705
Supermagfan: 3298
zoommb: 3159
IHMSA80x80: 3014
Blacktop: 3004
brucertx: 2307
Newest Members:
hswnewpwiy oqjfdkfuif
sqjdewzzfe pyvgwqtvki
mwuzelhsow rvjorrgwvk
jzoiyrpqlw mwhtrjvikj
guekwxnfle ijekwkynoq
pwnprnkjte hihmzsndmq
dwyiktmlgn mlpqtlwifq
fxzvvewsqj zzhzdxrdml
rnszgtjihl hsrlxfgfnk
nfvjhqwmej egxvvjimqs
Forum Stats:
Groups: 11
Forums: 42
Topics: 17184
Posts: 152134

 

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 87
Members: 13719
Moderators: 4
Admins: 1
Administrators: Jody
Moderators: lbruce, Charger Fan, rwsem, SCORPIO