Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
DW 1911 Discretion service
Count
Members
Forum Posts: 1
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
September 15, 2016 - 10:49 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hello forum. I have owned a few DW revolvers over the years, but just purchased a 1911 45 cal Discretion. Much to my dismay, I have completely struck out in my efforts to receive ANY response to a technical support/defective product inquiry, and am hugely disappointed. On my second disassembly and cleaning, the slide stop snapped in half upon reinsertion, with single finger pressure. Clearly, this is not something that should happen on a brand new super high quality $2000+++ handgun! I have emailed every conceivable person, from CZ to DW to every single individual's name I can find in the forums, trying to find out how I can get this part replaced. I have been given a few "go to" names, but NON of them have responded.  Heck, I'll even pay for it if I can find a source. Unfortunately I have received virtually ZERO responses to at least 10 different emails. So far, the CZ/DW support sucks imho...

I am beginning to think I should have bought another brand, as I THOUGHT CZ/DW was very responsive to such inquiries.  Can anyone suggest a method in which I can actually get a response from them, in my effort to obtain a replacement part, EVEN IF I have to pay for it (which would suck, given the supposed quality and service reputation of this company).  Thanks! 

Thanks in advance...

SCORPIO
PA

Supporter

Range Officer
Members

Moderators

DWF Supporters

Dans Club
Forum Posts: 4011
September 16, 2016 - 8:59 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

First off, welcome to the forum.  You need to talk to Dan Wessonin Norwich, NY directly.  CZ is not good with vetting back to you.  Go to the FAQ link at the top of the page, look at the topic ' where can I order parts' in that thread is the direct contact number for Keith Lawton the head man at DW.  Call him directly and you will get prompt warranty service.  I'd post the links but my phone won't co operate.  If you need more help just ask.

Anything worth doing is worth doing well.

My father

If a man designed it, and a man built it, then a man can fix it.

My grandfather

pete
OH
Members

DWF Supporters
Forum Posts: 1203
September 16, 2016 - 9:34 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

SIZE DOES  MATTER

Charger Fan
Northern Utah

Supporter
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11037
September 18, 2016 - 11:48 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

For parts contact Genny or Priscilla at 607.336.1174 ext 21 and for service or repairs contact Keith 607.336.1174 ext 24. Genny’s email address is genny@cz-usa.com and Keith’s email address is keith@cz-usa.com

I hope that helps, please post back with your results.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 658
Currently Online: Steve S., DA....64, MagnumBoomer, tlawler
Guest(s) 56
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Steve: 10330
SHOOTIST357: 4788
Dave_Ks: 4300
Ole Dog: 3911
Stinger: 3375